LMU-DCOM Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the mdapplicant profile under my name. i just got a letter in the mail about it first week of February. if i had my choice, i would go to my state MD school first, lmu 2, kycom 3, pcom-ga 4, and wcu-com last

Wait, did you get in? Or are you on the WL?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope wl at lmu wcu and pcomga. Waiting to hear back from one more

WL, I wonder how many more interview dates they have. How many people do you guys think have been WL'd?

WL, I wonder how many more interview dates they have. How many people do you guys think have been WL'd?

I know they don't have hardly any more interview dates... I'm guessing 2 based on what current LMU students have said.

Nobody knows exactly how many have been WL'd, but I think the list is extensive.

Yeah. Does DCOM reject post interview or do they just WL everyone? I'm so freaked out right now, DCOM has been my #1 and now I'm not sure what's going to happen....

Yeah. Does DCOM reject post interview or do they just WL everyone? I'm so freaked out right now, DCOM has been my #1 and now I'm not sure what's going to happen....

They definitely don't WL everyone they interview, so if you are on the waitlist it is because they liked you! Janette tells the interviewees that the waitlist usually ends up being around 100 people. I think she said they took 37 people off it last year if that helps at all. All of you waitlisters should start to see some movement as the interview season ends and people start making their final decision. It isn't over yet!

Do you think they're going to take more off the wait list this year since the class size went up 50%?

Do you think they're going to take more off the wait list this year since the class size went up 50%?

I think they may take more, but I also think they made the list larger to compensate.

same! Good luck to you (and the rest of us), just a few more weeks left! :S

So I recently heard back from a volunteer org that puts on a huge event in June and I got the volunteer position(s) that I had applied for. I know volunteering is kinda meehh but it's not one of those run of the mill office volunteer things so I wanted to update LMU bout that. I sent in my LOI 2 weeks after I was initially WL (so around a month ago). The question I had was does anyone have any suggestions as to when I should send in another update? The event isn't until June so would it be better to wait till then or just go ahead and let them know that I got this position and I am currently working on stuff for it?

stupid question, I know but I was curious...

thanks!

That's a tricky question since it isnt till June, but I would go ahead and let them know. I fear June would be too late.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a tricky question since it isnt till June, but I would go ahead and let them know. I fear June would be too late.

that's what I'm worried about too. Plus, I would be ending a chem class in June so I'd rather update them again to remind them I exist then. :p

when does the list usually see some mov't and is it ranked?

when does the list usually see some mov't and is it ranked?

The list has seen some very little movement, but I think it'll still be a little while before we see anything substantial. And from what I understand it is not ranked.

for those wondering, I spoke with admissions today and got some info about WL.

Last year apparently they took 37/100 people and as of right now there are around 60 people on the WL.
Interviews are going to be happening through April.

I have no idea how full the class is so no clue as to how likely it is WL will get a seat but I figured that you'd all want to know this info. :)

The list has seen some very little movement, but I think it'll still be a little while before we see anything substantial. And from what I understand it is not ranked.[/QUOTE].....

Last edited:
The list has seen some very little movement, but I think it'll still be a little while before we see anything substantial. And from what I understand it is not ranked.[/QUOTE]

That is weird...They just randomly accept people off the WL. I am sure they must use some other mechanism to accept people off the WL.

I mean, they look at your stats and everything. But they don't let us know where we are "ranked" because they don't sort the list that way. When it comes time to pull someone off it, they prob just re-review the files and offer the seat to whoever they think is best

I mean, they look at your stats and everything. But they don't let us know where we are "ranked" because they don't sort the list that way. When it comes time to pull someone off it, they prob just re-review the files and offer the seat to whoever they think is best
Got it....

Admissions says they will begin reviewing the WL in a few weeks. (I'm guessing after May 1st)

Admissions says they will begin reviewing the WL in a few weeks. (I'm guessing after May 1st)

Our matriculation packets are due on May 15th. Maybe they will start reviewing in early May and start letting people know after the deadline.

Does anyone know how many people have been accepted so far?

:xf:I've got my fingers crossed for all you waitlist hopefuls out there!! :xf: Sit tight- your time of misery is slowly drawing to a close and if you don't get pulled off this year, do NOT lose hope for re-applying! :luck:

I heard from a few ppl that are in the fb group that a couple of people got accepted of the WL a few days ago.
But I guess no substantial movement from what I've gathered until May

For those that really want this school, do not be shy about showing them your interest - esp if the WL is not "officially" ranked. You never know what might jump out at them, and I would assume that relevant update letters and/or letters of intent would certainly accomplish that. They want students who WANT to be there. Be your own advocate - no one else will.

Not gonna lie, everytime I see someone has posted on this thread it makes my heart jump thinking someone got pulled off it haha. People think waiting for two weeks to hear of a decision after an interview is bad... I've been waiting for a decision since October!! Haha. I'm sure we will hear some news within a few weeks :)

^ hahahah totally agree. this is so painful! And more so because I"m working on rewriting my PS so I can apply June 1, 2012 again. :(

this is the last week of interviews right?

this is the last week of interviews right?

Yep, tomorrow is the last scheduled interview day. You should start seeing movement in the next couple of weeks.

yeah I think so. ... so guys any good news?

yeah I think so. ... so guys any good news?

I'm wishfully thinking they might start letting people know next week. I can't imagine it would be too much longer.

If you don't get accepted and really want to go to LMU-DCOM. You can either re-apply earlier for 2013, or do their post-bac program http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/pmsp/. Just depends on your scores/activities and where you want to go.

feeling of anxiety is back. I hope they start letting people know soon.

I was told today that all the letters had been sent out on Monday and they are waiting on acceptances over the next couple weeks - the official word was that "all the seats had been offered, and if there were seats which were turned down, then these leftover spots would be going to waitlisted applicants".

It seems like they filled their quota off the interviews, and they're just waiting to hear back from students. Correct me if I'm wrong - is the matriculation deadline May 15th for initial acceptances?

By the way, last time I heard was around "maybe 190 or so" for accepted matriculations (could have been either a guess or a solid estimate), which was about 6 interview sessions ago.

I was told today that all the letters had been sent out on Monday and they are waiting on acceptances over the next couple weeks - the official word was that "all the seats had been offered, and if there were seats which were turned down, then these leftover spots would be going to waitlisted applicants".

It seems like they filled their quota off the interviews, and they're just waiting to hear back from students. Correct me if I'm wrong - is the matriculation deadline May 15th for initial acceptances?

From what I've heard, May 15th is the deadline.

By the way, last time I heard was around "maybe 190 or so" for accepted matriculations (could have been either a guess or a solid estimate), which was about 6 interview sessions ago.

That's interesting. They expanded their class size this year to 225, so if they only have 190 accepted, they will be leaving a number of seats open. Granted, they will only want to fill seats with qualified applicants, but I would think they would try and get around that number if possible... mainly for financial reasons.

From what I've heard, May 15th is the deadline.

That's interesting. They expanded their class size this year to 225, so if they only have 190 accepted, they will be leaving a number of seats open. Granted, they will only want to fill seats with qualified applicants, but I would think they would try and get around that number if possible... mainly for financial reasons.

I think what skahler means is that currently they have mailed out 225 acceptances..so by may 15th admissions will know if they have to pull people off the waitlist.

I think what skahler means is that currently they have mailed out 225 acceptances..so by may 15th admissions will know if they have to pull people off the waitlist.

Oh I get it now, thanks for the clarification haha :thumbup:. Someone posted that last year they pulled 37 people (out of ~100) off the list, so it sounds like this year will be much less, although from what I've heard the WL is also smaller than last year.

Mailed out acceptance letters to people who have recently interviewed and or to some people on the waitlist? I'm asking because some people were taken off the w list a week or two ago

How could they have filled all 225 positions when the class size increase was not even approved until over halfway through the application cycle? I mean, they were originally interviewing for a class of around 160 and then all of a sudden they were approved for much more.

I'm sure they knew going into the cycle that they would more than likely be approved and this possibly played into the volume of students that they interviewed/wait listed/accepted throughout the year not just at the end. Just my guess though :/

The bottom line is that there are no more interviews, so any seats that remain unfilled either as a result of not being offered to any interviewees or not being accepted by matriculates are open game.

I know it's hard to do but try to be patient. They have to give the recently accepted students time to make a decision before they offer seats out to the wait list. The worst possible thing to do would be to overfill the class. Until the decision deadline passes for those students you're not likely to see any large movement from the list.

With that said - make sure you've updated your file as much as you possibly can. Also, now would be a prime time to send a letter of intent if you have not already done so.

:luck:

Definitely just try to relax guys (I know, I know, easier said than done! I did the waitlist thing my first time too!)...the reason I really want to emphasize this is because DCOM is not a school to overanalyze the actions of. I swear on my life sometimes it's so haphazard and unpredictable. People will interview, get waitlisted, and be pulled off 2 weeks later. Why? WHO KNOWS, haha. So just sit back, update them with anything, nicely and unannoyingly contact them if you have questions or want to know how the list is moving, etc. Get your stuff ready for the next cycle. When I reapplied, I did so MUCH earlier and it helped. I did wait to submit AACOMAS until orientation was over though, just in case. We had one girl join our class AFTER orientation I think actually, so anything is possible. People back out last minute like crazy- seems wild but stuff happens. Sudden freak outs, illness, etc....so just be on standby, as much as that sucks! If you stick with this though, you WILL find a home here if they want you. They rarely interview those they're not interested in....think about it....over 3,000 applications come in. Only 600 or so interviews. Keep fighting the good fight kids and you'll get there....never dreamed I'd be starting rotations this July, TRUST ME! Good luck!!

ok no body helped me in the discussion thread so i'll post here...
when writing a Letter of intent to LMU...who do i address it to...
dear who?

ok no body helped me in the discussion thread so i'll post here...
when writing a Letter of intent to LMU...who do i address it to...
dear who?

I don't think there's one right answer. When I did it I addressed it as "Dear Admissions Staff,". But do what you think is best.