LMU. POC... I need your help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Ivy

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was going to fill out the secondary for Lincoln Memorial but I'm not sure anymore. I haven't heard great things about Tennessee in terms of race... Any current students or anyone know how " accepting" they are toward my fellow black students?
 
What have you heard "in terms of race"? Because I have literally heard nothing. Probably a + because of diversity.

But really?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile
 
I've just heard that some parts of TN are not friendly toward black people in general. I have a friend who lives in Memphis and says that he is often told to "get out" of a restaurant or " watch his back" by other civilians. I know people experience things to that nature due to race but I didn't know how bad it gets.

EDIT: of the 243 MS1, only 6 are black.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've just heard that some parts of TN are not friendly toward black people in general. I have a friend who lives in Memphis and says that he is often told to "get out" of a restaurant or " watch his back" by other civilians. I know people experience things to that nature due to race but I didn't know how bad it gets.

EDIT: of the 243 MS1, only 6 are black.
Harrogate is pretty far from Memphis.