LMU vs. Midwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prevet1233333

Reaction score
Hi all! I have recently been accepted to both Midwestern and Lincoln memorial and I am having a very hard time deciding between the two. LMU is much closer to home and a lot cheaper however the location seems very rural which is something I am not use to. Finding appropriate housing for LMU seems to be a struggle but another pro is I can bring a pet if I go to LMU. Midwestern is so far away from home which terrifies me and I think bringing a pet would be too much of a struggle with the plane rides. However Midwestern is in a great area with lots to do which is what I am use to. They also have a teaching hospital which is a plus. If anyone has any advice please please comment I really need help. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oof. That's a really significant difference.

Go to LMU. Your future self will thank you when you don't have an additional 100k hanging over your head. I'm generally extremely pro-teaching-hospital, but not for a 6 figure difference like that.

Reactions: 2 users
Location stuff is not going to be a big deal - most of your time is going to be spent studying/doing vet school things anyway, and you can live anywhere for 4 years, in all honesty. But an additional 100k in debt, plus the interest that accompanies it - that will be with you for a LONG time.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a current Midwestern student- if you have any questions don't hesitate to reach out! I love the school and area but I would love having less debt more

Current LMU student so feel free to reach out with any questions!

Thank you! I was wondering do most first years live in the graduate housing on campus? Is it hard to get a place?
A good handful of first years do live in grad housing! I’m currently living at the University Inn which is grad housing as well as many other friends. There are a few Facebook groups that are used to advertise housing which makes it pretty easy to find housing depending on your budget! I and a few friends were pulled off the waitlist last year and found housing the same day we were accepted.

Oof. That's a really significant difference.

Go to LMU. Your future self will thank you when you don't have an additional 100k hanging over your head. I'm generally extremely pro-teaching-hospital, but not for a 6 figure difference like that.
Do you mind me asking what you picked ?