LMU vs SGU vs Glasgow

Started by bbmonica1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bbmonica1

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are your thoughts between LMU starting in Jan 2025, SGU starting in Aug 2024 or Glasgow 5 year program starting in Sept 2024? All have pros and cons and so the decision is so hard. Help!
 
I would do the cheapest option. It ultimately does not matter where you end up. Paying off the debt is the most important.
If you have any specific questions about Glasgow I can answer those for you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Personally I’d pick LMU out of these options but if finances are about even, it’s a pretty personal choice and I’d deep dive into researching each school and program, talking to current students, and potentially booking meetings to chat with admissions or student ambassadors to discuss factors important to you and/or selling points that interest you between each school and feel out where you could see yourself 🙂

Honestly the area the schools are located in might be a major one to think about as well since island living vs rural TN vs a major city in Scotland are obviously very different and will offer you different experiences during your time there, as well as varying levels of difficulty and cost in accessing support networks and such (assuming you're currently in the US.)

I was between two schools and started by making a pros/cons list that I then realized was angling towards one as a clear winner, so that could be something to try too. Remember to factor in the year of lost DVM salary for the 5-year program at Glasgow, though.
 
Go to this link and click download printable list. You can see any schools with probationary accreditation with the AVMA.