Loan Consolidation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JordanP

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Its been a long hard road, but here I am 4 years later..about to graduate, freaking out looking at my loan amount, wanting to faint.

Majority of it is from a private lender, with a small part Subsidized and Unsubsidized from the govnt.

Which consolidation company has the best reputation? The lowest interest rate?

Help! lol

Members don't see this ad.

If most of your loans are private then you will have to consoldiate. Most of the help that the government can do for people are to deal with loans such as grad plus, federal loans, subsidized and unsubizied loans from the department of education. If your loans aren't these then you can't really do much. All of thte loans that are given in p harmacy school are loans from the Department of Education. In this case there is one big one called IBR which can help you. But be careful there is always a catch.

There is only one company that is at this time doing loan consoldiation for private loans. That company is Wells Fargo.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much do you have borrowed?

Are you sure that they are private loans and not federal loans serviced by private banks? If they are federal loans (sub, unsub, Grad PLUS) then you should apply for income-based repayment. If they truly are private, I used AES for my undergrad loans but am not sure if they consolidate professional/private loans.

I have a huge amount of loans as well, but they are about evenly divided between Suntrust and Bank of America (Federal Sub and unsub loans) Do you think I should consolidate or just pay them individually? What would be the best way to go about repayment?