loan cosigner USA Austin campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RTaylor2013

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I know people have asked about this before but I have found myself in a unique situation (at least I think its unique). I was accepted to the the St Augustine DPT program at the Austin campus and the campus does not yet have the approval to offer federal funding so I am attempting to borrow all private through Sallie Mae. I have tried to apply with both my parents who despite being able to get approval for a new mortgate for a house have both been turned down!

I am lost, anyone had a similar situation? Any students from the Austin campus have any advice? I am wondering what my best options are or if there is something I can do to improve my chances!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
 
FYI the Austin campus has been approved for federal aid. You'll still have to apply for private loans since federal loans won't cover it all. But, since you won't need as much through Sallie Mae, it may be easier to be approved.
 
Yes, since posting this question the campus was approved for federal funding! I also managed to get approved for my loan the day before that happened so all is well! Phew, huge sigh of relief!
 
What other loan were you able to get? I was denied Sallie Mae and looking for other options