Happiness and Sunshine:)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
I am where my heart is...
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm a foreign dentist and have been admitted at USC school of dentistry into their Advanced standing program this year. I have posted the following info on the international dentists forum as well in the hope that someone who had a similar experience may be kind enough to help me.

I'm presently on a H-4 dependent Visa and wish to apply for a private loan. I do have a co-signer who is a green card holder. When I called my lender (SallieMae) they say that I need to have an SSN and since I don't have one I need to fill out an application form for financial aid available at USC school of dentistry. I've called the school a number of times and they say that they don't have any such application form and that SallieMae offers financial aid to students with a H-4 visa by assigning a temporary SSN. However SallieMae claims I need to approach the school. I've been running around both the institutions but to no avail....I'm left clueless as to what to do now.
Please advise me on what my next course of action should be.

Thank in advance.
Best wishes,