Loan forgiveness/repayment programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VitaminK

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any loan forgiveness or repayment programs out there besides the NHSC? I know there are suppose to be programs that if you work in a rural area they'll pay off some of your loans. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Or does anyone know of any programs that will match your payments? I'm going to start residency next year and I know that if I leave very cheaply then I'll be able to pay 10k a year back on my loans. The only problem is I have like 250k in loans...

Members don't see this ad.

VitaminK said:
Does anyone know of any loan forgiveness or repayment programs out there besides the NHSC? I know there are suppose to be programs that if you work in a rural area they'll pay off some of your loans. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Or does anyone know of any programs that will match your payments? I'm going to start residency next year and I know that if I leave very cheaply then I'll be able to pay 10k a year back on my loans. The only problem is I have like 250k in loans...

Individual states have programs, such as in Texas and Oklahoma. The NHSC is a federal program. Contact your individual states for more information. The loan repayment is commonly used for physicians and teachers, who work in underserved areas.