Loan Lenders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MarzMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The link in the stickied thread at the top does not work for the loan comparison chart, so I could not refer to that.

I am filling out my finaid papers right now, and have no clue what I am doing. There is a checkbox for federal sbusidized/unsubsidized stafford loans and a checkbox for federal direct subsidized/unsubsidized student loans. Does this mean that I have to choose one or the other? Which one is better?

Also, I have a lender list for the stafford loans because I am supposed to specify which lender to use. I have no clue what to look for in the stafford loan. What are the best benefits when it comes to stafford loans?

List of Lenders: Chase, citibank, direct loans, medloans classic option, medloans zero option, MEDpreferred, Student loan people, student loan xpress, and T.H.E

Does anyone have any opinions on which is better?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody has any advice? If I get shafted I blame you guys

MarzMD said:
The link in the stickied thread at the top does not work for the loan comparison chart, so I could not refer to that.

I am filling out my finaid papers right now, and have no clue what I am doing. There is a checkbox for federal sbusidized/unsubsidized stafford loans and a checkbox for federal direct subsidized/unsubsidized student loans. Does this mean that I have to choose one or the other? Which one is better?

Also, I have a lender list for the stafford loans because I am supposed to specify which lender to use. I have no clue what to look for in the stafford loan. What are the best benefits when it comes to stafford loans?

List of Lenders: Chase, citibank, direct loans, medloans classic option, medloans zero option, MEDpreferred, Student loan people, student loan xpress, and T.H.E

Does anyone have any opinions on which is better?

Total Higher Education is the best. Most people at my school use them.

T.H.E. --> http://www.northstar.org

Members don't see this ad :)
I just recently chose T.H.E. They have the most flexible repayment options.

I can't help you, but I'm in the same (or a similar) boat.

What's the difference between federal subsidized/unsubsidized stafford loans and federal direct subsidized/unsubsidized student loans?