Loan Payments During Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey Guys,

I would like to at least keep up with the accruing interest of my loans during school if possible. Where do I find out who holds my loans (I understand its the fed, but I assume someone services it) and how to make some payments?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If you have enough money that you can make payments on your student loans, you should probably just take out less loans. You can cancel part of the funds they released this semester. Works out best because no origination fee in addition to that much less that will accrue interest.

If you have enough money that you can make payments on your student loans, you should probably just take out less loans. You can cancel part of the funds they released this semester. Works out best because no origination fee in addition to that much less that will accrue interest.

This has to be done within the first 120 days I think, and I heard that if you find out you need the canceled loan money for some reason, you can get it back "pretty quickly." I'd talk to your school's financial aid person about it to see how quick "pretty quickly" is.

I once decide to take out some extra loan funds later in the semester (for a down payment on a house so wasn't really an emergency). I think it took about a week until I could get the check. Not sure is there would have been another option if it was emergency money (but I had credit cards with high enough limits that I could turn to in a pinch)