Loan Repayment after HSCP/AEGD payback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaySea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can be eligible for loan repayment after your payback requirement of the hscp/aegd? I'm only asking because I could refinance my loan to 30 years and pay the minimal fee for those 5 years then possibly be eligible for the LRP to pay the rest off. Also, the LRP requires you to have 12 or less years of service to be eligible and I'll be at my 14 year mark after the 5 years; therefore I might not qualify unless it means 12 or less years in the dental corps, then I'd only be at my 5 year mark... so, I'm not sure if this ultimately means I can't do it or I can do it via a waiver, the time meaning dental corps time, or some other method around it. Can anybody elaborate on this or possibly give me some info on where I can find out?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know if you can be eligible for loan repayment after your payback requirement of the hscp/aegd? I'm only asking because I could refinance my loan to 30 years and pay the minimal fee for those 5 years then possibly be eligible for the LRP to pay the rest off. Also, the LRP requires you to have 12 or less years of service to be eligible and I'll be at my 14 year mark after the 5 years; therefore I might not qualify unless it means 12 or less years in the dental corps, then I'd only be at my 5 year mark... so, I'm not sure if this ultimately means I can't do it or I can do it via a waiver, the time meaning dental corps time, or some other method around it. Can anybody elaborate on this or possibly give me some info on where I can find out?

I doubt it, but I don't know. I'm curious to know myself.