Loan Repayments options in PM&R

Started by Lodoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lodoc

Junior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm finishing my senior year and am realizing how BROKE I really am! 😱 😱 😱 And will be for a while!!!! I was wondering if any of you knew of any loan repayment programs that are available for PM&R docs. Since PM&R is often considered "the primary care specialty for the disabled" and I know that there are a lot of loan forgiveness/repayment programs for most primary care specialties, do any of you know about this option for PM&R? Are any of you involved in any programs such as this? If so, what has been your experience?
 
Although I don't know of any loan repayment programs for PM&R per se...I knew one graduate of our program who joined a practice who promised to pay off her loans if she stayed on for at least 5 years. And her salary was pretty good to begin with.
 
Well that sounds good, digable. I wonder if there are many places that do that. Do you know what her salary was to begin with?