Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I'm new to sdn and in need of some advice. Some background...I'm 19 and after my first yr of school at a state college in PA as an elementary/special education I realized I want to pursue pre-vet. So now, I'm about to start my second semester at a local community college to get some pre-reqs while applying to universities to start in fall 2012 as a pre-vet/or animal science major. I haven't heard back yet from most universities (U of Delaware, Rutgers, Penn State) but I have received an AMAZING scholarship from a local private college (Delaware Valley College) that does offer good pre-vet and animal science programs. However, it isn't as well-known as the other universities and I'm not sure if it is as rigorous. But I will save a boatload of money by attending this college, as well as having time to able to work at vet office part-time and volunteer by living at home and commuting. I just don't want to be in tons of debt after vet school...especially since I already wasted a year and 15 grand! But I also don't wanna make another mistake and not be able to get into vet school!
Apologies if this is too much info all at once! 🙂
I'm new to sdn and in need of some advice. Some background...I'm 19 and after my first yr of school at a state college in PA as an elementary/special education I realized I want to pursue pre-vet. So now, I'm about to start my second semester at a local community college to get some pre-reqs while applying to universities to start in fall 2012 as a pre-vet/or animal science major. I haven't heard back yet from most universities (U of Delaware, Rutgers, Penn State) but I have received an AMAZING scholarship from a local private college (Delaware Valley College) that does offer good pre-vet and animal science programs. However, it isn't as well-known as the other universities and I'm not sure if it is as rigorous. But I will save a boatload of money by attending this college, as well as having time to able to work at vet office part-time and volunteer by living at home and commuting. I just don't want to be in tons of debt after vet school...especially since I already wasted a year and 15 grand! But I also don't wanna make another mistake and not be able to get into vet school!
Apologies if this is too much info all at once! 🙂

. But, that being said, I would not trade my undergrad experience for anything. I chose my school based on the "get into professional school" statistic and decided to go the vet school route during my freshman year. State schools are fine and dandy, much more cost friendly for some etc. But, I went the private route. Liberal arts blahblahblah. And I strongly believe that I am better because of it. 
, I still was accepted into Ohio State my first try