You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Local hospital needs emergency pharm staff
Started by zelman
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LOL- good luck with that!
There were people on this forum posting about being willing to take $25/hr for pharmacist jobs specifically in Hawaii so I'm not surprised by this at all. After all, $25/hr + opportunity to gain experience > $0/hr and as a principle of free-market economics, the market caters to the demand of the consumer. You may think that the optimal price point for a steak is $50-$100, for example, yet there are restaurants that sell $1,000 steaks and do just fine. Why? because there is demand for it. This is no different.I heard a local hospital was in need of emergency hires so I checked out their website:
View attachment 299251
Looks promising! Let’s look how much techs can earn in an emergency...
View attachment 299252
Not bad! How about pharmacists?
View attachment 299253
JFC. I guess it’s not much of an emergency...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sort of. Honestly, I’d rather get the tech job in this instance.There were people on this forum posting about being willing to take $25/hr for pharmacist jobs specifically in Hawaii so I'm not surprised by this at all. After all, $25/hr + opportunity to gain experience > $0/hr and as a principle of free-market economics, the market caters to the demand of the consumer. You may think that the optimal price point for a steak is $50-$100, for example, yet there are restaurants that sell $1,000 steaks and do just fine. Why? because there is demand for it. This is no different.
Again, it cheapens the profession. Then again, beggars can't be choosers....
It's like they transposed the 2 and the 5
If someone completed a PharmD then they would know that there's social stigma associated with applying for a tech job. If they have any will to stay in pharmacy then they'd take this opportunity and use it as a resume booster because nobody will be able to distinguish this job from a $100/hr hospital job on a resume. For all I care if I were in this position and got this job I'd write on a resume that I'm a "clinical pharmacist" or "ER pharmacist."Sort of. Honestly, I’d rather get the tech job in this instance.
I realize that I am a bit off topic, but are there routinely clinical pharmacist jobs paying $100/hr. Seems a little high.If someone completed a PharmD then they would know that there's social stigma associated with applying for a tech job. If they have any will to stay in pharmacy then they'd take this opportunity and use it as a resume booster because nobody will be able to distinguish this job from a $100/hr hospital job on a resume. For all I care if I were in this position and got this job I'd write on a resume that I'm a "clinical pharmacist" or "ER pharmacist."
Wasn't quoting real numbers, just giving an example but I believe @confettiflyer makes over $90/hr?I realize that I am a bit off topic, but are there routinely clinical pharmacist jobs paying $100/hr. Seems a little high.
Okay. Just confirming. Thanks!!!Wasn't quoting real numbers, just giving an example but I believe @confettiflyer makes over $90/hr?
Hilo? Hope you like rain.
And that figure is correct, but that number needs context: I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area, work in a specialty field, and have am approaching 10yrs in pharmacy.
Also, by fringe benefit package isn’t as robust as my colleagues at other hospitals who are making in the 80s per hr.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
And that figure is correct, but that number needs context: I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area, work in a specialty field, and have am approaching 10yrs in pharmacy.
Also, by fringe benefit package isn’t as robust as my colleagues at other hospitals who are making in the 80s per hr.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Last edited:
no there isn't unless you are a 1099 employee-I realize that I am a bit off topic, but are there routinely clinical pharmacist jobs paying $100/hr. Seems a little high.
edit: so I did the math, if you take what I actually take home every hour I physically work (I work 70 get paid for 80) and figure in PDO - (doing math that I don't get paid on vacation and that money gets split up to the hours I actually work - so that is 280 extra hours), plus shift differential - I get $99.35 an hour - not bad.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K