Local, Regional, and National Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iliketohelppeople

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I teach at a regional public comprehensive university, and we just don't do the best job of getting folks doing research early. So, I get a lot of juniors and seniors who wish to do some research before applying to grad programs. I have several projects in various stages (lit reviews, conducting some preliminary data, able to reuse old data), and want to help my students get some posters before they apply/as they apply. Some of them are also quite eager to get some posters in before they leave.

We have a lot of local (e.g., local to the university) and regional/state opportunities (e.g., at our state's capital, a system symposium). My work can be presented at national levels as well (APA as well as a couple of the division's conferences, and a national conference for undergrads). I myself did a lot of presenting at national conferences when I was in grad school in the two divisions I was heavily involved in, so I did not come up against the issue of presenting a poster (or a similar poster) at multiple conferences. With all of these conferences (some of them are quite close together - specifically, a local, state, and national conference for undergrads), the idea of presenting the same poster at a local, regional/state, and national conference becomes appealing. However, I don't want them to necessarily 'pad' their CV or do something outrageous, but I don't know what the line is for posters at this level. Does anyone have perspectives they are willing to share?