location of an SGU student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uknowwhoitis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

from the start of year 1, can someone give an example of a typical location of a students medical education. I know it starts in grenada for 4 terms, then to st. vincent and then to .... thats where I get lost and the website isnt real clear. How about other schools? This info would be great!!! Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Year 1: Grenada

Year 2=>
Semester 1: Grenada
Semester 2: St. Vincent

Year 3 & 4: US (doing clinical rotations)
**Unless you prefer to do UK rotations**

uknowwhoitis said:
Hi all,

from the start of year 1, can someone give an example of a typical location of a students medical education. I know it starts in grenada for 4 terms, then to st. vincent and then to .... thats where I get lost and the website isnt real clear. How about other schools? This info would be great!!! Thanks!!!

1st year: Grenada
2nd year: Grenada 1/2, St. Vincent's 1/2
3rd year: New York, New Jersey, California, Michigan
NYC: NY Methodist Hosp. can do all rotations, no need to move to
another hosp.
Maimonides Hosp. can do all rotations, no need to move
Brooklyn Hosp. same
Coney Island Hosp. same
Long Island College Hosp. same
NJ: St. Barnabas Hosp. Not sure if all can be done but think so
Some other hosp. but don't know about them much
MI: Hospitals around Detroit, don't know if can do all rotations
CA: Don't know much about this
4th year: Can do pretty much whatever you want, stay where you were in
3rd year, or move around within the system, or do away rotations.

You basically decide where you want to be in 3rd year, then can mostly stay at that hospital if you'd like for 3rd and 4th year. NY Methodist is in the Columbia Presbyterian/Cornell system, rotate with Cornell and SUNY Downstate med students. Long Island College Hosp is in the SUNY system I think. Brooklyn is fun and a good place to live, a little expensive if you're from anywhere outside the east coast, can be a shock.