LOI for Touro MI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vaneer1000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should be included in my letter of intent for Touro. I am high waitlisted and wondering what my chances are if i do write one. How do they even rank the people on the waitlist anyway. How many are on it and how many get off it. Is it almost a gurantee if you dont get accepted this year you will be offered an admission for next year through early admission.

Members don't see this ad.

What we were told at the interview was that you have a good chance if you are on the high waitlist, as far as actual numbers I'm honestly not sure, my advice would be to call the school and ask!

As for the letter of intent, explain how this is your Top choice, what you like about the school, what you could bring to the school, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
What should be included in my letter of intent for Touro. I am high waitlisted and wondering what my chances are if i do write one. How do they even rank the people on the waitlist anyway. How many are on it and how many get off it. Is it almost a gurantee if you dont get accepted this year you will be offered an admission for next year through early admission.

hi!

i think i may be able to shed some light for you. I applied to tucom-mi for class of 2010. i was medium waitlisted at the time. i sent in a letter of intent (basically saying that i would attend the school if accepted for that year and included what i liked about the school and any updates i had). i did send an additional update letter a month or so after my loi. i was given the early accept for class of 2011. i knew i was one of the lucky ones b/c i know most if not all the high waitlisters not accepted the current year will get the early accept. however, it is uncommon for medium/low wait listers to get the early accept. since i was in the process of re-applying, i got the early acceptance notification last july but still re-applied to only ccom on aacomas and then the illinois schools and a couple nearby out-of-state schools on amcas (i really wanted to stay close to my family). luckily it worked out b/c i got into ccom and i'm really excited.

basically, if you are high waitlisted at touro, stay in touch with dr. haight, keep them regularly updated. if you haven't; already, you can ask dr. haight why it was you were placed on the waitlist. for me he said i had a stellar interview but it was due to timing (i interviewed in april) and lower stats. i wouldnt worry though b/c they do pull of the waitlist and the high waitlisters are first to be pulled off..keep your hopes up! :luck:

I wanted to let you guys know who are on the waitlist that I just withdrew from Touro-MI this week. Now there is one more spot for someone else! Hope it helps.

Good luck everyone

today I found out I was placed under tier 1 for high wait list. I guess they split the waitlist into tier 1 and tier 2. Is being on tier 1 a good thing. Does anyone know how many people are on it

today I found out I was placed under tier 1 for high wait list. I guess they split the waitlist into tier 1 and tier 2. Is being on tier 1 a good thing. Does anyone know how many people are on it

hmm, when i got my high waitlist letter it didn't say tier 1 or tier 2. i'm guessing tier 1 would be a good thing cuz you're at top of the list.
hopefully we hear from them soon! good luck :)

Hmm, I've been high waitlisted since Dec and I haven't heard anything yet. Did you email them requesting status or they just emailed you out of the blue? Thanks!

Hmm, I've been high waitlisted since Dec and I haven't heard anything yet. Did you email them requesting status or they just emailed you out of the blue? Thanks!

I emailed them about the current status of my waitlist.I was wondering when they were going to pull people off the waitlist. When I called the school they told me they were going to pull people off in july but Dr Haight said they should be expecting to pull people off in early june. So emailed them and see what happens. I guess i am in pretty good condition being in first tier. I wish someone had more insight into this. I would appreciate it.

After reading this, I emailed the adcom to see my updated status because I am a high waitlister as well, and she said nothing about tiers... just that the list hasn't been ranked yet. I'm not too sure why they mentioned a tier level to you, especially when Dr. Haight never mentions anything except for high, medium, and low waitlisting during the interviews.

After reading this, I emailed the adcom to see my updated status because I am a high waitlister as well, and she said nothing about tiers... just that the list hasn't been ranked yet. I'm not too sure why they mentioned a tier level to you, especially when Dr. Haight never mentions anything except for high, medium, and low waitlisting during the interviews.

I dont know when I emailed Dr haight about my status I asked him for my position in the waitlist since i am also a high waitlister. When he emailed me back he told me the committee has put me in the first tier from preliminary evaluation. I dont know if this means after my interview or right now. I dont know why the admission office and Dr Haight arent saying the same thing. I was quite surprised they have tiers since they didnt mention it during the interview but I have read somewhere they rank the high wait list into two tiers tier one and tier two. The admission office told me they were going to pull people off the waitlist in July but that wouldnt make any sense the letter mentions they should be pulling people off starting in June when everyone has to decide where they want to go.

Ok.. this is what I know.... I applied for last year's class and because I applied so late I was high waitlisted.... later on, Dr. Haight sent a letter telling me I was in the 1st tier, needless to say there wasn't a lot of people who dropped last year, so at the end of the summer I was given early acceptance to the class of 2011..... Each month Dr. Haight will send a letter out to all the waitlisters so yall don't have to stress about it and so you know that they know you still exist.... but this is only from experience...:thumbup:

Ok now that we have cleared up the confusion concering the existence of tiers my question is how many people are on it. IT seems the admission committee is uncoperrative about giving exact numbers. I read somewhere they have 120 people from all levels of waitlist from low to high. I emailed Dr Haight and he told me last year they took off 30 people from the waitlist and gave them admission for that year. I guess the rest were given early admission.

Members don't see this ad :)
This tier thing is too weird. I wonder why they never let anyone know that tiers exist within the waitlist... it kinda changes my whole perspective on my chances of being called this summer. I also have gotten vague answers on numbers of people on the waitlist and within the levels. I asked Dr. Haight and his response had been 'why does it matter? it only matters what level you are placed in.'

which doesn't tell you anything... I know the feeling ... it sucks, but keep the faith!!

According to my last email with Dr. Haight, I believe that they only rank the High waitlist into two tiers (first and second). From reading previous posts by other people, the waitlist is most likely to have around 120 - 180 people. Here's my wishful thinking coming in to play:

If 120 people on the waitlist,
40 High - 20 first tier
20 second tier
40 Middle
40 Low
Result: All first tier high waitlist will be have offers with some of second tier.

If 180 people on the waitlist,
60 High - 30 first tier
30 second tier
60 Middle
60 Low
Result: Most of first tier high waitlist will have offers with some of second tier.

the movement of acceptance from waitlist was around 30 for last year. therefore, if you're on the High waitlist, first tier. You probably have a "very good chance of getting an offer" (Dr. Haight).

I am on the first tier High waitlist myself. Now my question is that: Were there any first tier high waitlist that was not offered a seat by August?

If not given an offer, were there anyone on the first tier high waitlist offered early acceptance for the following year?

I am going to get carpal tunnel from crossing my fingers for the next two months. :thumbup:

this may be a silly question, but when you send a LOI, do you email it to Dr. Haight or mail it to the admissions committee?

Thanks!

Hey I think they are going to start pulling people off starting next week. I think most people if not offered admission will be given early admission. But nothing in life is certain. ALL i can say is if you are on the first tier then you have a very good chance of gaining acceptance. The answer to where to send LOI is to the admission office.

Thanks! I'm going to keep my fingers, toes, eyes, and everything else crossed!

I emailed Dr. Haight about a week ago and he told me that they actually started pulling people off of the waitlist during the week of May 14th... a little earlier than expected. Good luck everyone!

Really I thought they were going to pull people off starting this week according to the email I received then again that school is little bit disorganized.

Really I thought they were going to pull people off starting this week according to the email I received then again that school is little bit disorganized.

are you receiving emails from MI or was the email a reply to yours?
Because I haven't received anything in a while.

It was a reply to an email. Good luck.

Guys I got some good news for you. I got my acceptance from UMDNJ. I will be withdrawing from Touro waitlist. Good luck to you all.

Hey congrats Vaneer1000!!!