-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Loma Linda 2017
Started by JUMOC09
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anything from LLU so far?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got test iv email.
Last edited:
Congratulations..!!just got test iv email.
I am on alternate list! 🙁🙁
I thought they invite all applicants who applied. Thanks for your information..Good luck!I am on alternate list! 🙁🙁
Congrats for those who were invited, do they send invites in one batch? And what if we didn't get anything , do we consider it a rejection?
They do not call everybody. Around 200 candidates are invited for the bench test. If you clear that, then probably 100 will be invited for the personal interview. Finally lucky 32 will make the cut. Good luck everybody!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I would strongly suggest to practice class 2s, PFMs & FGCs.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Okay. Thanks a lot. You have any ideas about the bench test fees?I would strongly suggest to practice class 2s, PFMs & FGCs.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year I heard it was 450$. Dunno for this cycle.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Thank you for the info, are those 200 hundred called at one time?They do not call everybody. Around 200 candidates are invited for the bench test. If you clear that, then probably 100 will be invited for the personal interview. Finally lucky 32 will make the cut. Good luck everybody!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I think so. Guess there is an alternate list as well & candidates do get invited from it. That is, if a candidate declines their IV offer.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
LLU calls 150+ applicant for bench test all together in 1 batch, 1/2 go for practical stuff half goes to other part may be group discussion or whatever they decide its always different for every year (search old threads) Batches are switched after lunch, then they select nearly half of them for personal IV and interview them in successive days.
Prepare class 2 cavity prep and crown preps. But they do change some stuff every year. So prepare well!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Prepare class 2 cavity prep and crown preps. But they do change some stuff every year. So prepare well!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
any idea if all the invites are done? or more to be sent?
Hisy79, congratulations on testing invitation. Yes, dexterity test is bench test. Good Luck!Hi, I got a testing invitation from LLU for dexterity test. Can any one help me to understand what's dexterity test? Is it the bench test they are talking about? thanx in advance..
Thanks Dental_passion 🙂)Hisy79, congratulations on testing invitation. Yes, dexterity test is bench test. Good Luck!
Just got rejection from loma linda
Not yet Denmim. Waiting for the link.....Sorry doctorseven. Good luck for other schools.
Did anyone receive the link for registration?
Good morning,
Has anyone received the email with the link to register for the test?
Has anyone received the email with the link to register for the test?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FYI to people who got IV from LLU, if you are asked that u can get ur own instruments for the bench test take them.Generally LLU provide all the hand instruments u need, but they will not provide finishing burs for crown (atleat 2014 bench test they didn't!!! ). do not forget finishing burs !!!
If you do not have those competition is kinda over for u then and there.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If you do not have those competition is kinda over for u then and there.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Perfect, bench test is only Class II amalgam prep and PFM crown preparation?FYI to people who got IV from LLU, if you are asked that u can get ur own instruments for the bench test take them.Generally LLU provide all the hand instruments u need, but they will not provide finishing burs for crown (atleat 2014 bench test they didn't!!! ). do not forget finishing burs !!!
If you do not have those competition is kinda over for u then and there.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, but they change tooth numbers every year. Practice gold crown, pfm and c-II
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Were you able to open the link?Just received the registration link.
Were you able to open the link?
I also received the link but I am unable to open it ever since getting it. Are you guys also experiencing this?
Were you able to open the link?
Yes I was able to open the link, but that was right after receiving it. I'm thinking everybody is trying to access it right now and their servers might be busy.
I could open and register at 10am pst
Hey guys! Just thought I'd share some information that I called LLU about just now for their bench test.
-It is a full day event
-Parking at University Court is free
-You can wear scrubs, but have a change of clothes just in case you will interview that day as well
-It is a full day event
-Parking at University Court is free
-You can wear scrubs, but have a change of clothes just in case you will interview that day as well
Last edited:
Hey guys! Just thought I'd share some information that I called LLU about just now for their bench test.
-It is a full day event
-Parking at University Court is free
-The dress code is scrubs, but have a change of clothes just in case you will interview that day as well
Thanks for the info! But according to their email - the listed of candidates selected for interview will be announced Tuesday morning right? So how can they interview on the same day, as the bench exam? Just asking.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Thanks for the info! But according to their email - the listed of candidates selected for interview will be announced Tuesday morning right? So how can they interview on the same day, as the bench exam? Just asking.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I believe they're addressing those who are traveling in from out of town (esp. those flying in). LLU would accommodate those people by giving them the option of doing their interviews on the same day or within the upcoming days. I think it's there in the email as well, just read a little further.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe they're addressing those who are traveling in from out of town (esp. those flying in). LLU would accommodate those people by giving them the option of doing their interviews on the same day or within the upcoming days. I think it's there in the email as well, just read a little further.
Thanks! Read the email, will try to clarify with the school, just to be sure. I am flying in from the east coast.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
You are not going to have the interview on the same day. Last year people were specifically asked not to wear scrubs and look more professional. There were only two people, who did not get the message
In regards to the interview. People flying out of the country will get interview first, then out of state and then in state
I emailed LLU yesterday, they said if selected, interviews would be on the following Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. They did not mention dress code of bench test.
Probably turn up in business casuals. Or, wear scrubs for the bench test & later change for case discussion, depending on whichever is first.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app