Loma Linda and UCSD

Started by hiprayer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hiprayer

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any news on Accreditation from these programs? I have heard they are having some trouble in getting the full accreditation? Is this true????
 
Yes, I believe that info is correct. The 2 schools will have 1 more year to fix whatever is missing (which is still unknown as of now). I have heard that this incident is pretty shocking to all pharmacy schools across the US because no such thing had ever happened before.
The 3rd candidate school in CA, Touro University, is also preparing harder than ever after this news came about. However, both classes (1st and 2nd year) are perfectly safe in terms of sitting for the exam. Touro became candidate just this June and the candidate status lasts for 5 years. So by that time, both of their current classes will have graduated. (Students graduate from a candidate school have the same rights and privilages as those from fully accredited schools). But I'm sure Touro wouldnt want to be in SD and LLU position in the future.
That's about all info I can share. Personally, I'm pretty sure all 3 candidates in CA will eventually achieve full accreditation.
 
I cannot speak for Loma Linda, however, the assistant dean has already spoken to us about UCSD's accreditation status. He basically said that the ACPE does not have any major concerts about our program, they are just looking for reasons to stall the accreditation process. For example, at the last site visit they were asking about the status of our remodeled biomed library. ACPE has until up to 2008 to make a final decision on our accreditation and apparently they are in no rush to do so. In the meantime, all those that graduated UCSD will be allowed to sit in on the board exams.

Take that as you will, it's what we have been told officially.