Loma Linda DPT Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptforlife34551

Reaction score
Hey there :) just wondering if anyone whose had their interview already can provide some info as to what to expect. Greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was there a while ago, but they just ask normal questions... Like about your background, how you resolve conflicts/disagreements, challenges you have faced in life and your response to them, your strengths... things like that.

I had mine in September and I didn't bring anything with me. All you're gonna get is a small packet w/ an overview of the program. For the interview, there will be 3 total, w/ 3 different faculty / department members. You only have 10 minutes w/ each so it's pretty fast-paced. They were back-to-back too and as soon as the time was up for one, you go straight into the next room for another.

Other than the typical questions, here's what they asked:
  • "what are your viewpoints on mission trips / volunteering"
  • "what about the program do you think will be the most challenging for you"
  • "how would you teach someone who has no background knowledge about cars how to drive" (it was to test my on-the-spot critical thinking abilities)
  • One of the interviewers gave me a hypothetical situation and asked how I would respond to it. He said it was to test my ethical behavior in a PT setting.
  • A fellow interviewee told me he was asked about his testimony, like how he was converted.
Because of the time limit, they'll only ask about 4 questions each. And at the end of each interview, they let you ask them any questions you might have about the program or Loma Linda in general so I'd say come prepared w/ some. If I could just one piece of advice though, it would be to study their mission and core values and then try to showcase those traits in the interview.

Hope this helps!! Good luck :happy:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
... I just wanted to add one more thing. For each of the three interviews, they’re gonna ask you 1 “weird” question to see if you are what they’re looking for mentally, ethically, and emotionally (I think, I forgot what the 3rd one was).

I put the critical thinking question in my post above.
The ethics question I got was “what would you say to a patient who tells you that they’re thinking about asking their doctor to prescribe them marijuana to aide their recovery”.
And the last question was “how would you react if a PT in your clinical rotation tells you you’re not yet ready to be in the field”.

... I just wanted to add one more thing. For each of the three interviews, they’re gonna ask you 1 “weird” question to see if you are what they’re looking for mentally, ethically, and emotionally (I think, I forgot what the 3rd one was).

I put the critical thinking question in my post above.
The ethics question I got was “what would you say to a patient who tells you that they’re thinking about asking their doctor to prescribe them marijuana to aide their recovery”.
And the last question was “how would you react if a PT in your clinical rotation tells you you’re not yet ready to be in the field”.
I can't thank you enough for the info you provided. It is very helpful, much appreciated. Cheers!

Has anyone heard anything back that has had an interview already? They said the "3rd week of November"

Has anyone heard anything back that has had an interview already? They said the "3rd week of November"
I have a feeling they’ll begin tmrw. I emailed Heather and she said that if our applicaton is still in review past November we could be a notified the later January date regardless of our application timeline. I’m feeling nervous

I have a feeling they’ll begin tmrw. I emailed Heather and she said that if our applicaton is still in review past November we could be a notified the later January date regardless of our application timeline. I’m feeling nervous

So am I! I've been checking my mail and e-mail constantly. lol I had my interview late September and when I left she said we would hear back around this time. Did you have an interview in November too?

And how do we know if our application is still in review?

Had my interview late September. I emailed Heather and she said she would notify me if my application is still in review, however I don't know if that's for everyone or if it bc I asked. I think it would be safe to contact them after the Holidays have passed to see.

Wait so if we interviewed in November we would be notified in January? ugh I'm gunna be riddled with anxiety by that time lol

Wait so if we interviewed in November we would be notified in January? ugh I'm gunna be riddled with anxiety by that time lol
Could be anytime I think. From talking to the 1st years, some heard 2 wks after, while others waited.
I assumed that bc i applied in their priority cohort that i would find out sooner. But any date can be possible

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Could be anytime I think. From talking to the 1st years, some heard 2 wks after, while others waited.
I assumed that bc i applied in their priority cohort that i would find out sooner. But any date can be possible
I actually applied in their priority cohort as well. Wow 2 weeks, that would be amazing! I know they give the top priority to members of SDA, so those individuals will most likely be hearing from them the soonest. They seat those in the priority group next. Guess we're going to have to just be patient and see.

I actually applied in their priority cohort as well. Wow 2 weeks, that would be amazing! I know they give the top priority to members of SDA, so those individuals will most likely be hearing from them the soonest. They seat those in the priority group next. Guess we're going to have to just be patient and see.
Oh, interesting. I never knew this..thanks for sharing.

I can't thank you enough for the info you provided. It is very helpful, much appreciated. Cheers!
Hi Michelle,

I have my interview coming up in 2 weeks. Could you possible share any tips or questions you encountered? I too feel quite nervous as this is my only interview.

I have my interview coming up in 2 weeks. Could you possible share any tips or questions you encountered in addition to the ones above? I too feel quite nervous as this is my only interview.

Hey do wi
Hi Michelle,

I have my interview coming up in 2 weeks. Could you possible share any tips or questions you encountered? I too feel quite nervous as this is my only interview.
Hey there :) Yes so they definitely are going to ask you why LLU and Why PT so make sure you can answer those. They also asked me about some obstacles I faced in the past and how I overcame them, and about my experience in the field--it was very laid back and not stressful at all. A major tip I would give you is just BE YOURSELF, that is the most important thing. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Last edited:
Still nothing for me. And I doubt they’ll send them out during Thanksgiving or the weekend so now I’m getting anxious.
Ya, hopefully next week. Did you apply priority as well?

NICE! CONGRATS OMG how exciting :D

Would you mind sharing your stats? Also, when was the exact day you got accepted?
I got accepted yesterday, and LLU kinda does their GPA differently so my stats would be:
Overall: 3.6
Science: 3.7
Non-Science: 3.8

I had over 1000 hours as an aide and then I did about 300 hours inpatient. I was an athlete in college so I did lots of volunteering with my team so I had that and then I also volunteered for a pro-Bono clinic

I got accepted yesterday, and LLU kinda does their GPA differently so my stats would be:
Overall: 3.6
Science: 3.7
Non-Science: 3.8

I had over 1000 hours as an aide and then I did about 300 hours inpatient. I was an athlete in college so I did lots of volunteering with my team so I had that and then I also volunteered for a pro-Bono clinic
Thank you so much for sharing! You have a lot of experience in the field, thats awesome. :) my stats are almost identical to yours its just the experience is not as much but I do have a good amount in different places. I hope I hear from them too. Congrats again!

Thank you so much for sharing! You have a lot of experience in the field, thats awesome. :) my stats are almost identical to yours its just the experience is not as much but I do have a good amount in different places. I hope I hear from them too. Congrats again!
The waiting game is rough, trust me I know! lol but you got this, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed you will hear some good news soon :) let me know if you have anymore questions!

The waiting game is rough, trust me I know! lol but you got this, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed you will hear some good news soon :) let me know if you have anymore questions!
I actually got an email just now, I GOT IN :D !!! Yay

Has anyone heard back from the school in regards to acceptance laetters. I interviewed with them on the 8th of December and am still waiting on a decision.

Has anyone heard back from the school in regards to acceptance laetters. I interviewed with them on the 8th of December and am still waiting on a decision.
On the same boat I interviewed with them on the 7th of December!

Hello,
I believe my interview was on the 11th, and I haven’t heard back either. I’m trying to be as patient as I can

You guys don't lose hope! From what I heard they still have a good handful of seats to fill. I wish you all the best of luck :luck:

I emailed heather and she said this week should be the week everyone will get a letter. i have not yet

Today was the last day they conducted interviews. From here on out they will be adding the rest of the class. You should hear back in the next 2 weeks guys.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone, I was told that the cohort for class of 2022 LLU is already full, and they are just finalizing their alternate list. They will contact me where I rank in the alternate list once the last round of interviews are done. Will anyone be declining their spot for LLU? They are expecting about 10-15 students to decline.

Hello,

I am currently on the alternate list and still waiting to hear news. Anyone hear anything from Heather yet?

Is there anyone who has declined the offers of admission?

Hello,

I am currently on the alternate list and still waiting to hear news. Anyone hear anything from Heather yet?

Is there anyone who has declined the offers of admission?
When it comes to the alternate list often times students will hear back from admissions before the first 2 weeks of the beginning of the quarter. This is usually because some of the students already accepted don't pass a remaining prerequisite for the program or just for whatever reason can't enter the program. They usually find out last minute and so students on the alternate list will too. Just hang in there and stay hopeful! :luck:

Hello everyone, the alternate list was ranked. Wondering if anyone who was accepted will be declining. Staying hopeful. I was ranked in a realistic place but want to prepair for either situation

When it comes to the alternate list often times students will hear back from admissions before the first 2 weeks of the beginning of the quarter. This is usually because some of the students already accepted don't pass a remaining prerequisite for the program or just for whatever reason can't enter the program. They usually find out last minute and so students on the alternate list will too. Just hang in there and stay hopeful! :luck:

So after waiting 5 months I was pulled off the waitlist and will be starting my journey to become a DPT tomorrow afternoon! thanks for the encouragement! you really helped me to see hope when I was struggling!