You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Loma Linda DPT Interview
Started by ptforlife34551
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was there a while ago, but they just ask normal questions... Like about your background, how you resolve conflicts/disagreements, challenges you have faced in life and your response to them, your strengths... things like that.
I had mine in September and I didn't bring anything with me. All you're gonna get is a small packet w/ an overview of the program. For the interview, there will be 3 total, w/ 3 different faculty / department members. You only have 10 minutes w/ each so it's pretty fast-paced. They were back-to-back too and as soon as the time was up for one, you go straight into the next room for another.
Other than the typical questions, here's what they asked:
Hope this helps!! Good luck
Other than the typical questions, here's what they asked:
- "what are your viewpoints on mission trips / volunteering"
- "what about the program do you think will be the most challenging for you"
- "how would you teach someone who has no background knowledge about cars how to drive" (it was to test my on-the-spot critical thinking abilities)
- One of the interviewers gave me a hypothetical situation and asked how I would respond to it. He said it was to test my ethical behavior in a PT setting.
- A fellow interviewee told me he was asked about his testimony, like how he was converted.
Hope this helps!! Good luck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
... I just wanted to add one more thing. For each of the three interviews, they’re gonna ask you 1 “weird” question to see if you are what they’re looking for mentally, ethically, and emotionally (I think, I forgot what the 3rd one was).
I put the critical thinking question in my post above.
The ethics question I got was “what would you say to a patient who tells you that they’re thinking about asking their doctor to prescribe them marijuana to aide their recovery”.
And the last question was “how would you react if a PT in your clinical rotation tells you you’re not yet ready to be in the field”.
I put the critical thinking question in my post above.
The ethics question I got was “what would you say to a patient who tells you that they’re thinking about asking their doctor to prescribe them marijuana to aide their recovery”.
And the last question was “how would you react if a PT in your clinical rotation tells you you’re not yet ready to be in the field”.
ptforlife34551
Full Member
I can't thank you enough for the info you provided. It is very helpful, much appreciated. Cheers!... I just wanted to add one more thing. For each of the three interviews, they’re gonna ask you 1 “weird” question to see if you are what they’re looking for mentally, ethically, and emotionally (I think, I forgot what the 3rd one was).
I put the critical thinking question in my post above.
The ethics question I got was “what would you say to a patient who tells you that they’re thinking about asking their doctor to prescribe them marijuana to aide their recovery”.
And the last question was “how would you react if a PT in your clinical rotation tells you you’re not yet ready to be in the field”.
I have a feeling they’ll begin tmrw. I emailed Heather and she said that if our applicaton is still in review past November we could be a notified the later January date regardless of our application timeline. I’m feeling nervousHas anyone heard anything back that has had an interview already? They said the "3rd week of November"
I have a feeling they’ll begin tmrw. I emailed Heather and she said that if our applicaton is still in review past November we could be a notified the later January date regardless of our application timeline. I’m feeling nervous
So am I! I've been checking my mail and e-mail constantly. lol I had my interview late September and when I left she said we would hear back around this time. Did you have an interview in November too?
And how do we know if our application is still in review?I have a feeling they’ll begin tmrw. I emailed Heather and she said that if our applicaton is still in review past November we could be a notified the later January date regardless of our application timeline. I’m feeling nervous
Still have not heard from them. Had the interview end of SeptemberHas anyone heard anything back that has had an interview already? They said the "3rd week of November"
Had my interview late September. I emailed Heather and she said she would notify me if my application is still in review, however I don't know if that's for everyone or if it bc I asked. I think it would be safe to contact them after the Holidays have passed to see.
ptforlife34551
Full Member
Wait so if we interviewed in November we would be notified in January? ugh I'm gunna be riddled with anxiety by that time lolI have a feeling they’ll begin tmrw. I emailed Heather and she said that if our applicaton is still in review past November we could be a notified the later January date regardless of our application timeline. I’m feeling nervous
Could be anytime I think. From talking to the 1st years, some heard 2 wks after, while others waited.Wait so if we interviewed in November we would be notified in January? ugh I'm gunna be riddled with anxiety by that time lol
I assumed that bc i applied in their priority cohort that i would find out sooner. But any date can be possible
Last edited:
ptforlife34551
Full Member
I actually applied in their priority cohort as well. Wow 2 weeks, that would be amazing! I know they give the top priority to members of SDA, so those individuals will most likely be hearing from them the soonest. They seat those in the priority group next. Guess we're going to have to just be patient and see.Could be anytime I think. From talking to the 1st years, some heard 2 wks after, while others waited.
I assumed that bc i applied in their priority cohort that i would find out sooner. But any date can be possible
Oh, interesting. I never knew this..thanks for sharing.I actually applied in their priority cohort as well. Wow 2 weeks, that would be amazing! I know they give the top priority to members of SDA, so those individuals will most likely be hearing from them the soonest. They seat those in the priority group next. Guess we're going to have to just be patient and see.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ptforlife34551
Full Member
You bet! 🙂Oh, interesting. I never knew this..thanks for sharing.
Hi Michelle,I can't thank you enough for the info you provided. It is very helpful, much appreciated. Cheers!
I have my interview coming up in 2 weeks. Could you possible share any tips or questions you encountered? I too feel quite nervous as this is my only interview.
I have a feeling they’ll begin tmrw. I emailed Heather and she said that if our applicaton is still in review past November we could be a notified the later January date regardless of our application timeline. I’m feeling nervous
I have my interview coming up in 2 weeks. Could you possible share any tips or questions you encountered in addition to the ones above? I too feel quite nervous as this is my only interview.
ptforlife34551
Full Member
Hey do wi
Hey there 🙂 Yes so they definitely are going to ask you why LLU and Why PT so make sure you can answer those. They also asked me about some obstacles I faced in the past and how I overcame them, and about my experience in the field--it was very laid back and not stressful at all. A major tip I would give you is just BE YOURSELF, that is the most important thing. Hope this helps, and good luck!Hi Michelle,
I have my interview coming up in 2 weeks. Could you possible share any tips or questions you encountered? I too feel quite nervous as this is my only interview.
Last edited:
Still nothing for me. And I doubt they’ll send them out during Thanksgiving or the weekend so now I’m getting anxious.Anything yet guys?
Ya, hopefully next week. Did you apply priority as well?Still nothing for me. And I doubt they’ll send them out during Thanksgiving or the weekend so now I’m getting anxious.
Yup, interviewed in September.Ya, hopefully next week. Did you apply priority as well?
SameYup, interviewed in September.
i feel your pain too :/
ptforlife34551
Full Member
Anyone hear back from LLU in regards to acceptance yet?
Yes I did, I was accepted!!Anyone hear back from LLU in regards to acceptance yet?
ptforlife34551
Full Member
NICE! CONGRATS OMG how exciting 😀Yes I did, I was accepted!!
Would you mind sharing your stats? Also, when was the exact day you got accepted?
Last edited:
I got accepted yesterday, and LLU kinda does their GPA differently so my stats would be:NICE! CONGRATS OMG how exciting 😀
Would you mind sharing your stats? Also, when was the exact day you got accepted?
Overall: 3.6
Science: 3.7
Non-Science: 3.8
I had over 1000 hours as an aide and then I did about 300 hours inpatient. I was an athlete in college so I did lots of volunteering with my team so I had that and then I also volunteered for a pro-Bono clinic
ptforlife34551
Full Member
Thank you so much for sharing! You have a lot of experience in the field, thats awesome. 🙂 my stats are almost identical to yours its just the experience is not as much but I do have a good amount in different places. I hope I hear from them too. Congrats again!I got accepted yesterday, and LLU kinda does their GPA differently so my stats would be:
Overall: 3.6
Science: 3.7
Non-Science: 3.8
I had over 1000 hours as an aide and then I did about 300 hours inpatient. I was an athlete in college so I did lots of volunteering with my team so I had that and then I also volunteered for a pro-Bono clinic
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The waiting game is rough, trust me I know! lol but you got this, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed you will hear some good news soon 🙂 let me know if you have anymore questions!Thank you so much for sharing! You have a lot of experience in the field, thats awesome. 🙂 my stats are almost identical to yours its just the experience is not as much but I do have a good amount in different places. I hope I hear from them too. Congrats again!
ptforlife34551
Full Member
I actually got an email just now, I GOT IN 😀 !!! YayThe waiting game is rough, trust me I know! lol but you got this, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed you will hear some good news soon 🙂 let me know if you have anymore questions!
So happy for you, CONGRATS!! We may end up classmates in the summer 🙂 lolI actually got an email just now, I GOT IN 😀 !!! Yay
ptforlife34551
Full Member
Thank you so much! I'm happy for us both and I hope we do 🙂 Give me a heads up if you decide to attend LLU!So happy for you, CONGRATS!! We may end up classmates in the summer 🙂 lol
CamtheDPTMan
New Member
Has anyone heard back from the school in regards to acceptance laetters. I interviewed with them on the 8th of December and am still waiting on a decision.
On the same boat I interviewed with them on the 7th of December!Has anyone heard back from the school in regards to acceptance laetters. I interviewed with them on the 8th of December and am still waiting on a decision.
I interviewed in late september and still no answer
LostConfusedDucky
Full Member
I contacted LLU and they said they will be hopefully finalizing apps by the end of next week [emoji108]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
ptforlife34551
Full Member
You guys don't lose hope! From what I heard they still have a good handful of seats to fill. I wish you all the best of luck 

I heard the same too. They picked out two days next week to meet and go over acceptances.I contacted LLU and they said they will be hopefully finalizing apps by the end of next week [emoji108]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I emailed heather and she said this week should be the week everyone will get a letter. i have not yet
ptforlife34551
Full Member
Today was the last day they conducted interviews. From here on out they will be adding the rest of the class. You should hear back in the next 2 weeks guys.
Hello everyone, I was told that the cohort for class of 2022 LLU is already full, and they are just finalizing their alternate list. They will contact me where I rank in the alternate list once the last round of interviews are done. Will anyone be declining their spot for LLU? They are expecting about 10-15 students to decline.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am currently on the alternate list and still waiting to hear news. Anyone hear anything from Heather yet?
Is there anyone who has declined the offers of admission?
I am currently on the alternate list and still waiting to hear news. Anyone hear anything from Heather yet?
Is there anyone who has declined the offers of admission?
ptforlife34551
Full Member
When it comes to the alternate list often times students will hear back from admissions before the first 2 weeks of the beginning of the quarter. This is usually because some of the students already accepted don't pass a remaining prerequisite for the program or just for whatever reason can't enter the program. They usually find out last minute and so students on the alternate list will too. Just hang in there and stay hopeful!Hello,
I am currently on the alternate list and still waiting to hear news. Anyone hear anything from Heather yet?
Is there anyone who has declined the offers of admission?

Hello everyone, the alternate list was ranked. Wondering if anyone who was accepted will be declining. Staying hopeful. I was ranked in a realistic place but want to prepair for either situation
When it comes to the alternate list often times students will hear back from admissions before the first 2 weeks of the beginning of the quarter. This is usually because some of the students already accepted don't pass a remaining prerequisite for the program or just for whatever reason can't enter the program. They usually find out last minute and so students on the alternate list will too. Just hang in there and stay hopeful!![]()
So after waiting 5 months I was pulled off the waitlist and will be starting my journey to become a DPT tomorrow afternoon! thanks for the encouragement! you really helped me to see hope when I was struggling!