Loma Linda: Primary Language?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MoobDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Loma Linda requires any students whose primary language is not English to take and pass an English test. What do you tnink the word "primary" means?

My parents speak another language, but I mostly spoke English at school and at home. I could still communicate via the native language, but English is my first choice of communication.

Do you guys think that "primary" means the language most spoken or the native language that my parents spoke while I was a child?

Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Loma Linda requires any students whose primary language is not English to take and pass an English test. What do you tnink the word "primary" means?

My parents speak another language, but I mostly spoke English at school and at home. I could still communicate via the native language, but English is my first choice of communication.

Do you guys think that "primary" means the language most spoken or the native language that my parents spoke while I was a child?

Thanks a lot.

If you grew up in the US and went to a US university, then English is your primary language. If you grew up in the UK then english is your primary language. But if the national language of where you grew up at isnt english, then you must take the test, unless you went to a university for several years in the US.