You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Loma linda university class 2014
Started by FrutoJC
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am!! 😀I just want to know how many people on here are for sure attending LLU this summer for their dpt program.
Aaaand, I guess I'm the only one? Hahaha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me three. I am very excited. I do have one question though. Do we sign up for any classes we want or are all of us going to be in the same class at the same time? I am a little confused since I don't really know what classes I need to sign up for.
So when we register for class time and schedule will be done for us?
Congratulations guys!
You will be taking all classes at the same time as you progress in the program. In the summer you will only be taking gross anatomy for 7 weeks. During gross anatomy you will also be accompanied by OT students. I'm a current PT student at LLU.
You will be taking all classes at the same time as you progress in the program. In the summer you will only be taking gross anatomy for 7 weeks. During gross anatomy you will also be accompanied by OT students. I'm a current PT student at LLU.
no i have not heard back from the financial department yet. Did anyone else hear back from them yet regarding tuition and so forth?
I am also a 1st year student at LLU. Just so you guys know, I didn't get my financial aid award until 2 weeks before class started! I did submit it after the March 1 priority deadline, but I think even those who got it in on time still didn't hear anything until May. The wait is stressful, but try not to worry too much. 🙂
The financial aid lady recommended that I take the max amount out, which I think was the cost of tuition plus about 12k extra. I soon realized that I didn't need that much extra, so I have given back about half of it. Plan on spending about $750-$1000 on books the first year, plus about $400 for APTA membership, your supply bag, lab fees, etc. And then rent, gas, food, and other living expenses. If you take out the max amount like I did, there is a small window of time at the beginning of each quarter where the financial aid office will send back some of that quarter's money if you want them to, or you can wait till the end of the quarter and send some back yourself.
Adding to what Karbo said (Hi haha)
I was told by the people at financial aid that if you do request the max amount for the year and at the end of the fiscal year you have money left over, the school will take that money and send it back as a payment towards your loan. If after requesting the max amount for the year you feel like every quarter you won't be needing the max amount for that quarter you can be sending payment as you go, that way you will reduce the charges accrued from interest.
- 1st year PT
I was told by the people at financial aid that if you do request the max amount for the year and at the end of the fiscal year you have money left over, the school will take that money and send it back as a payment towards your loan. If after requesting the max amount for the year you feel like every quarter you won't be needing the max amount for that quarter you can be sending payment as you go, that way you will reduce the charges accrued from interest.
- 1st year PT
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad