London pet friendly housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BVSc2016Hopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking at going to Queen Mary in London next year as part of my pre-vet degree and would be bringing my dog. Is London (particularly East London near the campus) fairly pet friendly? I looked at the QM housing site, but there doesn't even seem to be search option for pets allowed or not. Is that because they generally are pet friendly, or known that it is not allowed? Can I contact RVC (especially since they are part of the University of London system) to help me find pet friendly housing even though I am not currently a vet student?

Also, if you brought your pet from the US to UK, where did you stay short term when you were looking at flats/houses? Did you bite the bullet and make a trip before the move to find a place? Or have family/friends send your pet along after you got there?

Members don't see this ad.

There are many pet friendly hotels that might help you to spend quality time with your pet and relish every moment. So, I suggest try searching online for these hotels as that may help you to get a clear picture of the hotel locality and even hire a professional photographer to help you capture the precious moments.