Long Beach Island, NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Birdeee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share about this program?

Current residents? Interviews? Experiences?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This is a very small program (~2/yr) at a small hospital on the south shore of long island. I once had a long talk with the PD and came away impressed. She is very passionate about the residency and teaching. Residents get lots of individual attention. After that I stopped learning more about it because it is a DO program (so if you rank there you can't rank MD residencies). Also the hospital doesn't have the greatest reputation when I spoke to some people from LI and Queens. There is also a FM residency there.

I think it would be a nice option for people that need to stay on LI for family reasons, or people that are applying through the DO match anyway. Or if you are having trouble getting enough MD interviews and think you may not match through the NRMP.
Sorry I don't have more specifics about than that.

Can anyone share about this program?

Current residents? Interviews? Experiences?

Thanks!
OP:
recent grad here from this program. now post brain injury fellowship and an attending at a university medical center in PA ( i like academic track) . msg me if you want to talk. ( but i dont log on here very often so please do so soon.... thanks:D