How long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iamnew2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fellow PMR'ers, how long does a typical inpatient visit take for you guys?
Also how do you end your visits - see you later, thank you, goodbye, etc?

Just curious!

Members don't see this ad.

Totally depends. Weekend day where I'm covering for my partner and the goal is just to make sure everyone gets seen? Could be as little as just a few minutes if no active issues. If I'm counseling, I could be in there for half an hour.

I usually end with "what questions do you have for me," since so many people don't ask questions they have unless you ask them. Then I say something like "have a good day,", "keep up the good work in therapy!", etc.

Totally depends. Weekend day where I'm covering for my partner and the goal is just to make sure everyone gets seen? Could be as little as just a few minutes if no active issues. If I'm counseling, I could be in there for half an hour.

I usually end with "what questions do you have for me," since so many people don't ask questions they have unless you ask them. Then I say something like "have a good day,", "keep up the good work in therapy!", etc.

Ok I do things similarly then. Sometimes for patients that are stable it seems that visits are short, and for some of the more complex patients I feel like I'm discussing/teaching/counseling/etc for what seems like an eternity!