Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I can get some serious opinions/advice on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it.
My fiance` is a MS1 very far from home (18 hr drive). I love her, she loves me. I hate long distance relationships but I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I am also applying to medical school and put her school on my app, however, I got rejected last week. Before that, though, I proposed. The plan was if I got into her school, I would go there but if I got in elsewhere and not there, she would try to transfer.
Now she's saying she's not leaving her school. That she loves the school and the town and moving would be bad for her education. I'm having a hard time understanding because all I keep hearing is she has chosen that school over her life with me. Am I being unreasonable? Should I walk away? Or should we just wait until we've both finished with school and then talk about our futures? I'm opting for the last option but she's saying postponing or canceling our engagement would ruin us. She wants to do a long distance marriage.
Please help. I need to hear from others that might be in a similar situation.
And for those who are wondering, yes, I started this account just to ask this question. I am a regular to SDN but I did want some discretion in regards to this matter. Thank you in advance for your time.
My fiance` is a MS1 very far from home (18 hr drive). I love her, she loves me. I hate long distance relationships but I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I am also applying to medical school and put her school on my app, however, I got rejected last week. Before that, though, I proposed. The plan was if I got into her school, I would go there but if I got in elsewhere and not there, she would try to transfer.
Now she's saying she's not leaving her school. That she loves the school and the town and moving would be bad for her education. I'm having a hard time understanding because all I keep hearing is she has chosen that school over her life with me. Am I being unreasonable? Should I walk away? Or should we just wait until we've both finished with school and then talk about our futures? I'm opting for the last option but she's saying postponing or canceling our engagement would ruin us. She wants to do a long distance marriage.
Please help. I need to hear from others that might be in a similar situation.And for those who are wondering, yes, I started this account just to ask this question. I am a regular to SDN but I did want some discretion in regards to this matter. Thank you in advance for your time.
