Longitudinal Knowledge Assessment (LKA) in cardiology advice vs board exam

Started by kath00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kath00

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there,

I am finally due for my 10 year board exam to keep my board certification active in cardiovascular diseases. I am trying to decide between doing the LKA option over the next 5 years or just sitting down and taking the once every 10 years test. Has anyone done the cardiology LKA yet from 2022 when it started? Are the questions hard or involved? I am worried that open book really doesn't help when you have complex questions with 4 minutes to answer an it goes on and on for 5 years... seems endless and painful but I am not sure how hard it is. TY for any advice from anyone who has direct experience with this option.