Step I Look up NBME or do more USMLE World?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sparkygalore

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering -- I'm doing NBMEs to get a handle on where I'm at/what my weaknesses are. But it's impossible not to jot down notes on stuff that confuses me. What do you folks think, if I'm crunched for time, should I bother looking up stuff from the NBMEs? Or am I better served just focusing on USMLE World questions because they'll cover the same stuff anyway?
 
just from personal experience I know that i am much more likely to remember stuff if i look it up myself vs. having it given to me ie UW. i think you can do both UW and NMBOE just make sure when u look up stuff for nmboe u dont start reading robbins or harrisons stick to board review books ie FA and it should not take as long as you think