You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
looking for a remote job as an AP/CP pathologist
Started by narvanation
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Webcam stripping is an option, if you've got the goods.Hi all,
I'm an experienced pathologist with 2 years of fellowship training. I want to do a 100% remote job. Do you of anyone is hiring for that kind of work set up? I'm willing to take a but of a paycut just for the remote option.
Thanks
Seriously I've never heard of 100% remote pathology job. Maybe some frozen section consultation jobs exist somewhere. It's also unclear what you mean by 'remote'. Medical directorships may be considered 'remote', but you are limited to 5, they do require at least occasional visits, and pay little. Do you want to sign out cases from home?
Last edited:
Try OnlyPathologists
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted314957
Hi all,
I'm an experienced pathologist with 2 years of fellowship training. I want to do a 100% remote job. Do you of anyone is hiring for that kind of work set up? I'm willing to take a but of a paycut just for the remote option.
Thanks
You may well have to jump thru a bunch of CMS b.s.unless things have changed with a lot over the past 8 years. You could not just take slides home and sign them out.
If you are talking about looking at a screen and signing out cases ( not consulting, i mean rendering final diagnoses) you could run into a boat-load of liability problems. How will malpractice work. Signing out smallroundbluecelltumors on a TV screen is suboptimal, at least with widely available equipment. Would the underwriters be cool with that?
I mean digital pathology for primary diagnosis. I know several people signing out remotely (they usually have a deferral system for glass slides in place). It is FDA approved now for primary diagnosis so no liability.
Oh off course you can take the slides home (CLIA WAIVER in place now). but even if there is no clia waiver, you =can get clia licensed sooooo easily
where are you guys livng, how come you dont know all this
where are you guys livng, how come you dont know all this
There aren't many remote jobs available (fully digital) - many require medical directorship of the the laboratory, which requires in-person visits. I suspect this will change in the next 5 years. Many practices are not fully digital (yet), and this is why there are less remote jobs available. The CLIA waivers in place will likely become permanent for digital pathology moving forward. Digital pathology is still a big financial hurdle for most practices, as there isn't a financial incentive for adoption of the technology.
D
deleted314957
Oh off course you can take the slides home (CLIA WAIVER in place now). but even if there is no clia waiver, you =can get clia licensed sooooo easily
where are you guys livng, how come you dont know all this
Because I retired in 2013. I am one of the fossils on this board from “the good old days”.
both of these have full remote
www.pathai.com
www.precipiodx.com
Work at Path AI | PathAI
PathAI Work at Path AI. Evolving pathology using machine learning and deep learning techniques to drive faster more accurate diagnosis of disease.
Blood Cancer Testing | Hematopathology Services | Precipio
Our diagnostic lab offers personalized blood cancer testing workup for each patient specimen. Trust us for comprehensive and accurate diagnostics. Learn more.
www.precipiodx.com
thank you. i think AI is mainly research to work on their artificial intelligence products. they dont offer primary diagnosis servicesboth of these have full remote
![]()
Work at Path AI | PathAI
PathAI Work at Path AI. Evolving pathology using machine learning and deep learning techniques to drive faster more accurate diagnosis of disease.www.pathai.com
Blood Cancer Testing | Hematopathology Services | Precipio
Our diagnostic lab offers personalized blood cancer testing workup for each patient specimen. Trust us for comprehensive and accurate diagnostics. Learn more.www.precipiodx.com
D
deleted314957
I mean digital pathology for primary diagnosis. I know several people signing out remotely (they usually have a deferral system for glass slides in place). It is FDA approved now for primary diagnosis so no liability.
There is ALWAYS the potential for liability and you are ALWAYS responsible. I would feel a hell of a lot more comfortable looking at a whatthehellisthis-oma on my scope at my desk than a computer screen at home. Lots faster too.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 4K