Looking for dental anatomy websites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akathisia

gait plagerist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for some good dental resources online concerning head/neck/dental anatomy and physiology. I'm looking for basic materials/illustrations as well as advanced material.
Anybody know of any good sites?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both! I appreciate your help.

supernum your link is dead

Hi, Supernumerary

Your Link does not work ..Can you post the Link again..about Dental anatomy
Thanks
Toothlaw

Sorry, guys. Either the website was moved or taken down. But it was an awesome site for dental anatomy. If I find it again, I'll be sure to post it. :)

Thanks., for the good site..about DA ..
Toothlaw

Originally posted by akathisia
Hi,
I'm looking for some good dental resources online concerning head/neck/dental anatomy and physiology. I'm looking for basic materials/illustrations as well as advanced material.

Akathisia,

I'm presently writing a textbook on surgical anatomy for endodontists. I'm doing the medical illustrations for it presently. I know of but one web site (that was mentioned above) that takes you to Gray's Anatomy. Gray's is pretty dry and can be very overwhelming. It's the standard textbook and you all should have it. It will come in handy for the rest of your life. You can even use it to hold up all the other books you need if you don't have a bookend. (It's nice and heavy) If I was going to buy but one other book, I'd definitely get the Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter. He happens to be my personal hero in the field of Medical Illustrations. His sections on head and neck anatomy are superb. Not as detailed as some texts, but just right for what you want to go along with your lab syllabus. Just lately available are a set of DVD's and also an interactive CD-ROM of human anatomy. I haven't reviewed either yet, so I can't comment other than it sounds like a good idea. Ask at the book store and check the limit on your credit card, because they are very expensive.
Good luck out there!

endotom

endotom,

Thank you for your detailed breakdown of available, quality anatomy materials. Quite helpful.

akathisia