May 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello,
I'm currently struggling to write my personal statement, as I'm sure many pre-MD students are, and was hoping for some feedback on my rough draft.
Writing isn't my strong suit and I welcome any advice! Thank you and best of luck to everyone in the same position! :)

Last edited:

squids82

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
I agree with @patnic511.

If you PM a link to a google doc with comments turned on, I can give some feedback.

About the Ads
May 16, 2020
Somewhere in New England
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
  2. Academic Administration
Your writing isn't bad at all, but the PS is rather generic; your stories need to be stronger. I always recommend reading your essay out loud to a few different people, and getting their reactions.

May 19, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Your writing isn't bad at all, but the PS is rather generic; your stories need to be stronger. I always recommend reading your essay out loud to a few different people, and getting their reactions.
I've exhausted my family lol but I will try to convince some friends to provide further feedback. Thank you for your advice!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.