Looking for Radiology (R1) Position - 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shabbaranks07

Reaction score
Completing IM Prelim Year in Philadelphia. US MD. Looking for position around the area to stay near my wife. Step 1 and 2 completed without any issues. Radiology rotations with Honors and couple publications and projects completed as well.

Red flags: Surgery shelf Retake, with High Pass clinical grade. No other issues with application.

Please PM for any information. Would love your advice on how to navigate my preliminary year as well!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

OFf topic question: Any ideas why you fail your surg shelf?

MS2 starting my rot in a month.
Thanks

It was my first rotation of my MS 3 year and I was not prepared for the exam as well as I should have been. I did well in my surgery clerkship, published a manuscript as well as a poster presentation, but through my efforts clinically I put studying for the shelf on the back burner. I shortly considered pursing surgery as well, as I had amazing mentors and residents.

While studying for the exam I would recommend UW, Pestanas, and DeVergilio's as best as you can.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply this most recent cycle? Every year a few people will decide to stick with their prelim specialty so spots will open up in a few months.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you apply this most recent cycle? Every year a few people will decide to stick with their prelim specialty so spots will open up in a few months.

Yes! I applied this cycle. I am hopeful something will open up at the institution I am completing my Prelim - IM year. If you or anyone has any advice, I greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Thanks

Surgery shelf can be very IM heavy, so when OP said to use UWorld, do all the surgery questions and as many IM questions as you can cover. There is a lot of overlap on the shelf for some reason.

Reactions: 1 users