Looking for step 2 ck tutor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ali bomaye

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for a CK tutor.

Members don't see this ad.

Looking for a CK tutor.
Hi Ali,
Are you still looking for a step 2 CK tutor? I am currently tutoring step 2 CK. I passed my step 1 with a score of 258 and my step 2 CK with a score of 263. I mainly teach students how to approach clinical vignettes and how to study effectively for the test. Let me know if you're still interested in getting a tutor. I charge 25 dollars an hour (Less if you take a 2-hr session).
Best,
Rima

Hi there,
I'm a M4 at a US allopathic school and found a wonderful tutor for CK via these boards and wanted to add an additional recommendation for her on here. Ally uses Skpe, she lives in DC/ works for NIH, and tutors for about everything med-school wise. I used for for CK for about 6 weeks. We had almost daily one-hour sessions that were based around U-world questions. Essentially we'd make a small block of questions in my weak areas and go through them together. At first I was a bit skeptical that orally going through U-world questions would be any more helpful than reading uworld's lengthy responses. But it so was. She was able to point things out in both the questions and answers that I wouldn't have picked up on otherwise. And she does a free tutorial so you can decide for yourself if her style is helpful. Because she was affordable, I was able to incorporate her into my schedule much more heavily than I could have with the expensive tutors. She tutors quite a bit and is very familiar with the questions so she can recognize which questions have been newly added (likely in response to reported new questions showing up in real tests), which was another plus. In addition, Ally was actually my advocate. I had HORRIBLE anxiety around this exam. My scores were all over the place (in part due to the recently removed NBME 3 which reported a failing score), but I was super uncomfortable with my position regarding this test. She advised me on which practice tests to take and when and actively wanted to know my score as soon as I took it. She was actually committed to me and this was refreshing. Ultimately, I scored above the 250 mark. Her contact is: yousmletutre AT gmail