Looking to speak with OU-HCOM Cleveland Campus Students!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Anonymouss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I was accepted to the Athens campus for the class of 2024, but am interested in applying for a transfer to the Cleveland campus. I will be making a brief stop in Cleveland this Wednesday the 6th and was wondering if any current students would be able to show me around? I am just wanting a quick tour of the campus and your thoughts on the college/area. I would appreciate anyone's help! feel free to PM me or respond to this thread. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Unrelated but do you happen to know what the process of applying for a transfer to another campus entails? Also accepted to the Athens campus and interested in either the Dublin or Cleveland campuses

Hey! Sorry for such a late reply on this issue. I am a current student at OUHCOM-Athens. I can tell you that in my observation, it is VERY difficult to transfer from Athens to Dublin or Cleveland in the first two years. In my class, we had three students even attempt to transfer out of Athens. One was successful (transferred to Cleveland between 1st and 2nd year), the other two were not. I do not know how or why the first person was allowed to transfer, so I cannot comment on that. Of the two that were not successful, I was aware of both having legitimate medical and family reasons to transfer (to be close to family). I don't want to reveal too much information, but it was honestly quite shocking that HCOM denied these requests.

What I would recommend is that if you decided on attending OUHCOM Athens, consider matching to a M3/M4 clinical site in the Columbus or Cleveland area after second year. In your first year, try to make connections with clinical or research mentors in Cleveland or Dublin so that you can show that you have ties to the area. The one caveat is that these clinical sites are constantly changing--for our class, over 50 students from Athens were assigned to Columbus or Cleveland, but I think they are trying (or already have) done away with some of these sites for Athens students, and are funneling more students elsewhere (Toledo, Dayton, the smaller towns like Portsmouth and Marietta). You honestly probably know more about this than I do, but if you want more information on the current M3/M4 clinical sites, it would be best to reach out to a rising second or third year student. And remember, there are always M3/M4 clinical sites close by to the larger cities (Lancaster for Columbus, Dayton for Cincinnati, and Akron or Sandusky for Cleveland).

Cheers and congrats on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user