Looking to tutor for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PolarBearMD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that the tutoring company I work for is currently looking for more MCAT tutors! If you would like to apply, please feel free to get in touch with me and I can send you a referral link! Please see the job posting below for more information! There are both in-person and remote tutoring opportunities, so location shouldn't hinder you from applying! Hope to hear from you!

-----------
Next Step Test Preparation is seeking highly qualified tutors for the MCAT. We are looking for instructors interested in teaching both locally and via our national video conference platform. We are seeking instructors interested in at least 6 but up to 40 hours per week of tutoring, including some full-time positions with benefits.

This position is ideal for full-time educators with MCAT experience, students taking a gap year before entering medical school, or current graduate or medical students with 6+ hours/week of availability.

We partner with our instructors to provide top-level instruction to our students. While we provide a large library of methodologies and resources, we recognize that each instructor brings a unique perspective to their work with students.

Our starting rates are also considerably higher than the other MCAT prep companies. While they typically start their tutors at $15-$25 an hour, our base rate is $30/hr for a new MCAT instructor. Rates are higher in major metro areas (NYC, Bay Area, and DC).

Requirements
- 513+ score in the MCAT (33+ old scale), with higher scores heavily favored
- Ability to teach each section of the revised MCAT
- Friendly and caring personality
- Teaching/tutoring/education experience highly preferred
- Past student or employer references
- Flexibility in terms of scheduling

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you only work on Saturdays as a tutor? I have a full-time job, Monday through Friday, and might only be able to work Saturdays for a couple months until I am established in the tutoring business. Also, are full time positions 9-5?