Lopsided MCAT AQ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j4pac

Prior Flight Surgeon PM&R attending guy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Physical Science section had only TWO Physics passages. The Biological Science section had only ONE O-Chem passage. I know that they are trying to emphasize more Genetics and less O-Chem...but sheesh...four genetics passages and one O-Chem passage? and only two Physics passages? I want my mother f'n refund!!! lol. AAMC when the second half of my MCAT comes in...be sure to notify me!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I feel your pain.

I'm a chemistry major. I love organic chemistry. It's my best/favorite subject. My eyes lit up whenever I had an orgo passage on a practice exam.

God must hate me....

The bio on that form wasn't tooooo bad. It could have been worse. Keep your head up - there's always a curve :)

j4pac said:
The Physical Science section had only TWO Physics passages. The Biological Science section had only ONE O-Chem passage. I know that they are trying to emphasize more Genetics and less O-Chem...but sheesh...four genetics passages and one O-Chem passage? and only two Physics passages? I want my mother f'n refund!!! lol. AAMC when the second half of my MCAT comes in...be sure to notify me!

I feel the same way, except I had a different form (BG). I only had one physics passage, and my bio was sooo lopsided it wasn't funny. Absolutely no anatomy physiology or body systems passages at all, and one organic passage that was really abstract. I love the organic stuff, and really studied the human biology stuff so I was expecting and easy BS.

Maybe the curves will save us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally; I thought nobody else in the world got AQ after following the forums for a few days. But I agree, there was not much orgo represented, nor much physics.

How did you guys do with timing?

Bhavesh said:
Finally; I thought nobody else in the world got AQ after following the forums for a few days. But I agree, there was not much orgo represented, nor much physics.

How did you guys do with timing?

I had about 25 minutes left over for PS, about 20 min. for BS, and one second left on VR. The passages on the PS were pretty short and there weren't any long calculations so it was much quicker than usual. The Bio took a little longer than the AAMCs since there was a lot of inferring & passage related stuff to analyze. I'm a slow reader on Verbal, and wouldn't have finished on time if I bothered to re-read that killer passage about that novel writing person - I just did a half-*ss job on that one.

I wish I had only 1 physics passages. However, I do not know the difficulty of the gen chem on your form.