LOR addressed to wrong person!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mutterkuchen

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of my non-science recommendors, a former employer, recently sent in a LOR to Wash U's LOR service. She emailed the letter to me and it states "I am pleased to submit this letter of recommendation regarding JBJ's application for admittance to Washington University?s Medical School.

I am not applying to Wash U's med school! The letter is going to the letter service. Do you think that the Adcoms will understand this? Or should I see if you can make a change and resend. I don't know if the LOR service can "update" a new letter. Is it worth trying?

I am a little concerned.

Members don't see this ad.

yes,
i think you should have your letter writer change that part.

Definitely get it changed. In the future, make sure your letter writer knows who to address it to. I had all of mine use the address "Admissions Committee".

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same problem with one of my authors writing a letter of rec addressed to the University of Kentucky. While I am applying to UK, I asked the advising office if this was a problem. They said it happens all of the time and the schools will understand. Hope that halps.

that sounds a bit too non-chalant. though normally say not to worry about just about anything - if it is still possible try to get it changed.

I am going to try and get it changed. I suspect that tryingagain is right, but I agree that that is sounds more professional if it is accurate.

sure, i agree with both of you but if they have already gone out I wouldn't sweat it.