Changing Interview from In-Person to Online?

Started by Baller27
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Baller27

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview invite, but due to some work circumstances, I won't be able to make it any more, is it a bad look to change to online? What would be the best way to go about drafting an email for this and what should I mention?
 
Last edited:
I got an interview invite from Cincinnati, but due to some work circumstances, I won't be able to make it any more, is it a bad look to change to online? What would be the best way to go about drafting an email for this and what should I mention?
What specifically are these work circumstances?

I think you should be honest about it and specify what it is but be abundantly sure that whatever you say you give good reason for.
 
What specifically are these work circumstances?

I think you should be honest about it and specify what it is but be abundantly sure that whatever you say you give good reason for.
There is training that is occurring outside of the state, and I haven't confirmed the in-person interview yet, so do I need to provide all that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is training that is occurring outside of the state, and I haven't confirmed the in-person interview yet, so do I need to provide all that?
I guess my question is this: was your II for an in person only or do you have an option to just switch to online? If you need to actually email the admissions office I'd include some brief reasoning but if you don't and you can swap just do it.
 
I guess my question is this: was your II for an in person only or do you have an option to just switch to online? If you need to actually email the admissions office I'd include some brief reasoning but if you don't and you can swap just do it.
My II was for in person only, but I haven't confirmed and I do have to email the admissions office, but they have abundant dates to reschedule. Unfortunately it doesn't have an option to change to online without emailing them.
 
I'd email them. If they say you can't do it, then you have an answer there.
Thanks for the response, would it be better to be general (say unforeseen circumstances) or more specific (will be out of state in a development program for a new gap year job)