LOR and grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PUMMELase

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will DO schools not read a MD Letter of Recommendation if I also have a DO Letter of Recommendation? Also, if I had taken a calculus community college course and received a bad grade, and took a similiar calculus course at a university and received an A, will that grade be replaced?

Thanks SDN, you guys are the best!:)

Members don't see this ad.

regarding the letter: it depends on the school. not every place operates the same way so your best bet is to look at the school's website (assuming you know where you want to apply)...that kinda info is usually under "admissions requirements"

the grades: talk to your academic advisor at your school to find out if the calculus class at the CC will transfer to your present school.

Will DO schools not read a MD Letter of Recommendation if I also have a DO Letter of Recommendation? Also, if I had taken a calculus community college course and received a bad grade, and took a similiar calculus course at a university and received an A, will that grade be replaced?

Thanks SDN, you guys are the best!:)

I would say yes. I submitted an MD and DO letter. I had done research/shadowed the MD over the course of a summer so I felt she knew me very well. I have never heard of a DO school not reading an MD letter unless you were trying to use it as a sub, which you aren't. If you have specific schools in mind, you could give them a call/email, but I think an extra physician letter would be great.