LOR for MSW and MFT programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

masters4change

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am applying to both MFT and MSW programs. I was wondering if I should ask for my professors/employers for 2 different letters for each program (changing key words like marriage and family therapy to social work and vis versa) or if I should ask for 1 letter with a more general term like "human services?"

Thanks
 
I asked my letter writers for specific letters for each program. I gave them a whole packet with summary of why I was applying to each program. Now if they actually wrote different letters... Heh. I did have to go back and ask my letter writers for more letters for special stipends etc... And they did tailor those.
 
Don't do general, unless the programs you are applying for have very broad specializations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad