LOR from attending you never worked with

Started by metalmd06
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

metalmd06

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a meeting with the program director at a surgery program I am interested in today after 11:00. I asked her for a few minutes of her time so I can basically have an informational interview and ask her for a letter. Problem is I have never worked with her before. One of the interns here suggested that I ask her. I have been rotating on trauma for the last month and have had little contact with attendings. I was not really planning on getting a letter from this place, but I also spoke to the chief resident on trauma and he said he would confer with her if she agreed. I'm a little hesitant to ask for it, and I don't have to. I just think it would be good to have it regardless. Any suggestions? Should I just scrap it and just have an informal meeting with her about the program, or is it no guts no glory?