LOR from job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schoolpsycher4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently applying to School Psychology EdS programs, and I've been teaching preschool for the past 2 years since graduating from college. I want my third recommendation to be from my job, but I wanted to see if it's okay for someone other than the director of the school to write it. The director is only at the school a couple times a week (and has only popped in my classroom for a few minutes all year), so I don't feel she knows me well enough and what I do. Is it okay for one of co-teachers from last year to write it (her title is Lead Teacher and mine is Assistant)? She had a somewhat supervisory role and has been teaching for 25 years.

Members don't see this ad.

Generally, it is best for the letter to be from someone in a supervisory position who can write you a very strong letter, including specifics. If your supervising teacher can write a stronger letter than the director, she's probably the better choice.

I'm currently applying to School Psychology EdS programs, and I've been teaching preschool for the past 2 years since graduating from college. I want my third recommendation to be from my job, but I wanted to see if it's okay for someone other than the director of the school to write it. The director is only at the school a couple times a week (and has only popped in my classroom for a few minutes all year), so I don't feel she knows me well enough and what I do. Is it okay for one of co-teachers from last year to write it (her title is Lead Teacher and mine is Assistant)? She had a somewhat supervisory role and has been teaching for 25 years.

You could have the person who knows you better write it, and see if the director will co-sign the letter.