Normal timeline to hear back following job application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PsyNeuro37

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current 2nd year neuropsych postdoc at an APPCN program. Just starting to dip my toes in the job hunt for staff positions. I imagine there's some variability here, but what is the typical timeline for hearing back from sites about receiving an interview after applying? I wasn't sure whether I should expect something in the realm of days vs weeks vs months to first hear back. I've noticed that if it's for a position through a recruiter then the process has been extremely quick for getting the ball rolling and setting up preliminary calls. What is considered more typical for positions that are publically posted on job boards/job search engines where you are directly applying through the hospital website?