Jul 12, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey friends! So this year i took an advanced physiology class and managed an A. I also got to know the professor fairly well and he wrote me an LOR for this year as a science professor. However, he is actually a retired surgeon and is a part time professor for the life sciences department. My question is do you think it will look better, worse, or be negligible having one of my LORs from a professor who is actually an MD?

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Hey friends! So this year i took an advanced physiology class and managed an A. I also got to know the professor fairly well and he wrote me an LOR for this year as a science professor. However, he is actually a retired surgeon and is a part time professor for the life sciences department. My question is do you think it will look better, worse, or be negligible having one of my LORs from a professor who is actually an MD?
You mean you wonder whether or not someone with an MD degree carries more weight than someone with a Ph.D.? Incidentally, it is unlikely that a part time staff has the rank of a professor.

About the Ads