• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Jul 12, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey friends! So this year i took an advanced physiology class and managed an A. I also got to know the professor fairly well and he wrote me an LOR for this year as a science professor. However, he is actually a retired surgeon and is a part time professor for the life sciences department. My question is do you think it will look better, worse, or be negligible having one of my LORs from a professor who is actually an MD?

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Hey friends! So this year i took an advanced physiology class and managed an A. I also got to know the professor fairly well and he wrote me an LOR for this year as a science professor. However, he is actually a retired surgeon and is a part time professor for the life sciences department. My question is do you think it will look better, worse, or be negligible having one of my LORs from a professor who is actually an MD?
You mean you wonder whether or not someone with an MD degree carries more weight than someone with a Ph.D.? Incidentally, it is unlikely that a part time staff has the rank of a professor.

About the Ads