LOR from non-science prof?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vhinrich

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does AADSAS require that one of the LOR must be from a science faculty? I was thinking about getting LOR from one my of english teachers and one from a dentist. Do you think that will go over well?

Members don't see this ad.

i think there are some schools that require non-science letter (nova and creighton and pbb more...) So i guess its a good idea to send it to aadsas, but at the same time, some schools (columbia) requires 3 science letters... so it is up to you.

i think there are some schools that require non-science letter (nova and creighton and pbb more...) So i guess its a good idea to send it to aadsas, but at the same time, some schools (columbia) requires 3 science letters... so it is up to you.

you have the most jacked up avatar I've ever seen.... and this is coming from a guy who has Captain Wedgie for his.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just linked it from someone in premed forum. i thought it was hilarious.

Does AADSAS require that one of the LOR must be from a science faculty? I was thinking about getting LOR from one my of english teachers and one from a dentist. Do you think that will go over well?

When I applied you could submit up to 6 letters. Those rules may have changed. I submitted 6. 2 of mine were science professors, 1 was a dentist (which looks good), and 3 were research scientists that I worked with directly (one the CEO of the cancer hospital where I did research). None of my LOR writers did I have for even one class. They were all in my research experience. That said, 3 should probably be science or dental related. Your english professor can send one too, but I wouldn't have them send it in place of a science professor.

It's not about AADSAS.

It's the schools that would want a LOR from a non-science faculty.

An english professor's LOR would be fine, imo.