SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

LOR from non-science prof?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by vhinrich, May 31, 2008.

1. vhinrich

vhinrich 5+ Year Member

May 27, 2008
    Does AADSAS require that one of the LOR must be from a science faculty? I was thinking about getting LOR from one my of english teachers and one from a dentist. Do you think that will go over well?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. sl2obel2ts

sl2obel2ts i like tomatoes 7+ Year Member

Sep 26, 2007
    i think there are some schools that require non-science letter (nova and creighton and pbb more...) So i guess its a good idea to send it to aadsas, but at the same time, some schools (columbia) requires 3 science letters... so it is up to you.
  4. airsimon

airsimon 5+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2007
    you have the most jacked up avatar I've ever seen.... and this is coming from a guy who has Captain Wedgie for his.
  5. sl2obel2ts

sl2obel2ts i like tomatoes 7+ Year Member

Sep 26, 2007
    i just linked it from someone in premed forum. i thought it was hilarious.
  6. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Akron, OH
    When I applied you could submit up to 6 letters. Those rules may have changed. I submitted 6. 2 of mine were science professors, 1 was a dentist (which looks good), and 3 were research scientists that I worked with directly (one the CEO of the cancer hospital where I did research). None of my LOR writers did I have for even one class. They were all in my research experience. That said, 3 should probably be science or dental related. Your english professor can send one too, but I wouldn't have them send it in place of a science professor.
  7. jigabodo

jigabodo Dentist 10+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    It's not about AADSAS.

It's the schools that would want a LOR from a non-science faculty.

An english professor's LOR would be fine, imo.