LOR from Research Mentor but co-signed by PI?

Started by 4pf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

4pf

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I completed a research internship where I worked closely with my research mentor (post doc) and definitely interacted with my PI but not a super close relationship. Beyond greetings nearly everyday, I would probably engage with my PI on deeper level approximately once a week.

However, I worked closely my research mentor (post doc) and have had her write me letters for other internships/programs and seen some success.

So I wanted to see what my best option would be for this LOR, I believe there are 3 options, but let me know if there are others:

  1. Get LOR solely from PI
  2. Get LOR solely from Research Mentor (Post-doc)
  3. Get LOR from Research mentor and have PI co-sign letter

I'm leaning towards option 3, let me know what y'all think is best!
 
I completed a research internship where I worked closely with my research mentor (post doc) and definitely interacted with my PI but not a super close relationship. Beyond greetings nearly everyday, I would probably engage with my PI on deeper level approximately once a week.

However, I worked closely my research mentor (post doc) and have had her write me letters for other internships/programs and seen some success.

So I wanted to see what my best option would be for this LOR, I believe there are 3 options, but let me know if there are others:

  1. Get LOR solely from PI
  2. Get LOR solely from Research Mentor (Post-doc)
  3. Get LOR from Research mentor and have PI co-sign letter

I'm leaning towards option 3, let me know what y'all think is best!
#3