LOR Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got an e-mail from TMDSAS telling me that one of my professors forgot to sign her letter making it completely void!

The problem is that she was just about to have a baby before she wrote my letter about a month ago (C-section). I was really grateful she did at such a time, but now I don't think I can get back into contact with her. I e-mailed her on Friday and hopefully she will reply back, but I have my doubts. She maybe really busy with her baby, etc.

I haven't gotten my AMCAS or TMDSAS verified yet, but how will this hold me up in the application process if the letter is not sent? Will my secondaries be withheld?

I did research with her for a year and she knew me personally. I can't really lose this letter. I just started research in a psychology lab and the post-doc is really impressed with my abilities in there, but it's much too premature to ask her for a LOR. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

So I got an e-mail from TMDSAS telling me that one of my professors forgot to sign her letter making it completely void!

The problem is that she was just about to have a baby before she wrote my letter about a month ago (C-section). I was really grateful she did at such a time, but now I don't think I can get back into contact with her. I e-mailed her on Friday and hopefully she will reply back, but I have my doubts. She maybe really busy with her baby, etc.

I haven't gotten my AMCAS or TMDSAS verified yet, but how will this hold me up in the application process if the letter is not sent? Will my secondaries be withheld?

I did research with her for a year and she knew me personally. I can't really lose this letter. I just started research in a psychology lab and the post-doc is really impressed with my abilities in there, but it's much too premature to ask her for a LOR. What should I do?

You don't send LORs until you start receiving secondaries. So don't worry about that. If your prof doesn't respond within maybe a week, try to email her again or call her if you have her office number (she may check voicemail). Good luck.