LOR problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgauger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I asked the physician that I have done most of my shadowing with and whom I mention in my PS if he would write me a letter, well actually he asked if I wanted him to. After about 6 months he had not done it yet. I saw him and he asked when I needed it by, so I said mid-June would be great. June 25 comes and I get word from interfolio that he submitted it, great. So I went ahead and made an entry in AMCAS for it, designated it to schools, and went to have it sent. Turns out it wasn't signed...really? So I emailed him right away and got no response, then I emailed again a week ago and he said he would send it back out, so I sent him the AMCAS request this time. One week later and no word. How do I get him to send this in as soon as possible without annoying him? Its a pretty important letter to me and a bunch of schools won't consider my application complete until it's received. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ask him (in person or over the phone is best, but email is probably more convenient for both parties) to let you know when he has sent the signed letter so you can move forward with the application process. Make sure he knows you are "on pause" until he sends that letter...and never ask him for anything again.