LOR Question 2 grades, 2 classes, same professor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Morpheses

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So like my title says, I took Immunology with the professor early in my college career (sophmore), and it was a huge mistake. I wasn't ready for it, and got an F in it. I tried to withdraw from it, but it was past the deadline, and got swamped.
Forward 2 years to now. I took a histology course offered by the same professor and got an A this semester, and had a great relationship with the professor as I met daily for extra help, and ended up with a near 100% in the class. Now, I really want a LoR from this professor because based of this Histology course, I know that he'd write me a great LoR, but would my F in my previous class with him be a red flag for ADCOMS? Aside from the F already being a huge red flag, would ADCOMS mind that I got an LoR from the same professor or should I look for another professor to avoid any hassle?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AMCAS doesn't report instructors for each class, so they would have no idea he taught both courses.

Not to mention, I thinking them knowing would help with your F. I would probably ask him to mention it. Reinvention and all.