LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superintroduction

Reaction score
1) So I have a LOR from a physician that I scribe for that hasn’t been sent to any school yet because I’m not verified but today we changed our clinic logo which means the letterhead changed. Do I need to get that new logo on the letter or is it fine the way it is rn? I don’t want to bother the physician again but also don’t know if the letter head with the old logo will be a red flag.

2)Does it look weird if you a lot of hours in an activity but no letter from it? I have 800 hours research and 850 non clinical volunteering hours but for my research I hardly ever saw the PI and the post doc didn’t write a letter because he is job hunting and too busy while the supervisor at this volunteering place I didn’t interact with much and does not know me that well. I have 5 letters overall, 3 from profs and 1 doc and 1 supervisor from another commitment and thought I was ok but I’ve been seeing mixed stuff online.

Members don't see this ad.

2. If you get to the interview stage, you may be asked about it. I was asked why I hadn't gotten a LOR from a PI with whom I had worked for several years, and I had to explain that he was terminally ill and passed away.

1) So I have a LOR from a physician that I scribe for that hasn’t been sent to any school yet because I’m not verified but today we changed our clinic logo which means the letterhead changed. Do I need to get that new logo on the letter or is it fine the way it is rn? I don’t want to bother the physician again but also don’t know if the letter head with the old logo will be a red flag.

2)Does it look weird if you a lot of hours in an activity but no letter from it? I have 800 hours research and 850 non clinical volunteering hours but for my research I hardly ever saw the PI and the post doc didn’t write a letter because he is job hunting and too busy while the supervisor at this volunteering place I didn’t interact with much and does not know me that well. I have 5 letters overall, 3 from profs and 1 doc and 1 supervisor from another commitment and thought I was ok but I’ve been seeing mixed stuff online.

1. You will be fine with the old letterhead... If they ask a simple explanation will clear the waters... Don't be too concerned about that.
2. Why would it be weird? Just because you spent a lot of time somewhere doesn't mean you impacted someone enough to write you a letter of rec. I wouldn't worry too much about it. The big thing with letters of rec is you should choose wisely. One letter could be the difference in Acceptance/Rejection... Likely it won't be but if you didn't spend a ton of time with PI/ post doc why would someone expect you to get a letter from them?